Hearty Fruit Salad Muffins. Fruit Salad Muffins, fruits mixed with the muffin batter and kids will definitely love this muffins. Add the bananas and strawberries and mix gently. Here is how you achieve that.
The pumpkin makes these hearty muffins an excellent source of vitamin A. These Healthy Pumpkin Muffins are gluten-free and naturally-sweetened with fruit. These healthy pumpkin muffins are a delicious Fall treat, made with easy whole food ingredients. You can have Hearty Fruit Salad Muffins using 16 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hearty Fruit Salad Muffins
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh chopped strawberries.
- You need 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It's 1/2 cup of mashed fresh watermelon (with its juices).
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 4 large of pinches lemon zest.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of buttermilk.
- It's 1 cup of fresh blueberries.
- You need 3/4 cup of small chopped walnuts.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of toasted watermelon seeds.
- Prepare of optional:.
- It's 1 of cool whip.
I love that they're naturally sweetened with fruit and don't require any flour or. The Best Fruits for Hearty Fruit Salads. Juicy, ripe fresh fruit will add sweetness and another layer of flavor to your salad. This is about making your Flavoring a Hearty Fruit Salad.
Hearty Fruit Salad Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place strawberries in a small bowl and sprinkle the 2tbl. Sugar on top. Let stand 15 minutes to let it emit juices. Set aside..
- In a large bowl wisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside..
- In a medium bowl wisk together, watermelon, strawberries and all their juices, eggs, buttermilk, sugar and zest..
- Add wet to dry..
- Stir together until just incorporated. Do not overmix..
- Fold in blueberries and walnuts..
- Line 14 regular cupcake/muffin pan cups with paper liners. Or spray well with baking spray..
- Fill all 14 evenly with batter. It should be filled almost to the top of the liners..
- Sprinkle each evenly with toasted watermelon seeds..
- Bake about 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean..
- Let stand a few minutes..
- Transfer to wire rack for cooling..
- Serve and enjoy..
- Optional top with a dollop of cool whip just before serving.
- HINTS AND NOTES:.
- You can use oil or melted butter in replace of the buttermilk..
- You may use orange or lime zest in replace of the lemon zest..
- You can find my recipe for toasted watermelon seeds in my profile..
- Makes about 14 normal sized muffins..
If you aren't sure about herbs in a sweet dish, like fruit, there are some that have been used in desserts for some time. Fruit Salad Muffins, fruits mixed with the muffin batter and kids will definitely love this muffins. Keep the orange slices in the greased muffin tin and pour the spoon full batter on top of the. All Reviews for Jacky's Fruit and Yogurt Muffins. I substituted splenda baking sugar mix and used whole wheat flower to make a healthier muffin.