Chicken Pad Thai. Chicken Pad Thai - Isn't it about time we stopped relying on take out to get Pad Thai and making it at home instead? Prepare the noodles, cook the chicken, add veggie and sauce, cook scrambled eggs and stir in noodles. Pad Thai is one of the world's most beloved noodle dishes.
Americans in particular love pad Thai with chicken, so we set out to adapt our master recipe, which calls for shrimp, to make it with chicken instead. The same method applies for both versions of pad. This dish is so popular all over the world that it really needs no introduction. You can have Chicken Pad Thai using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pad Thai
- You need Half of package of Thai rice noodles, prepared as box instructs.
- You need 1 pound of diced chicken.
- You need 2 Tbs of EVOO.
- It's 1 bunch of green onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 1 cup of matchstick carrots.
- Prepare 1 cup of broccoli slaw mix.
- It's 2 Tbs of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of lime juice.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of soy sauce.
- It's 1 of squirt sriracha.
- It's 1/2 cup of dry roasted peanuts.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
We pack bags of authentic flavour into our tender chicken and rice noodles. This Pad Thai recipe is hands-down one of the easiest, tastiest recipes on the blog. It's made with simple ingredients and can be made with chicken, shrimp or tofu! You asked for an easy chicken Pad Thai recipe, so here it is!
Chicken Pad Thai step by step
- Cook noodles according to package directions, set aside.
- Heat EVOO in large skillet, add diced chicken.
- Cook chicken until almost done.
- Add green onion and garlic, cook until soft.
- Add carrot and broccoli slaw mix.
- Mix oil, sugar, juice, sauce, and sriracha in small bowl.
- Add sauce to pan once chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add noodles.
- Simmer a few minutes and mix thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro and peanuts.
- I like to add the broccoli slaw mix to get more veggies, making this an easy one-pot meal.
The key to perfect Pad Thai is in the cooking (or "not" cooking) of the noodles - learn how to get them chewy-perfect with this recipe. Chicken Pad Thai was the first Pad Thai we ever made at home. Making the leap to noodles with fish sauce was big enough for our household, so we kept it as kid friendly as we could by swapping out. It starts with fresh ingredients including rice noodles, chicken, shrimp, tofu, cilantro, bean sprouts. Chicken Pad Thai Noodles makes an easy weeknight meal.