Super Easy Meaty Baked Ziti. Baked Ziti - classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. You want a substantial short pasta shape with places to hold the sauce and meat. You can assemble this ahead, and either refrigerate or freeze before you do the final.
Baked Ziti is an easy weeknight pasta dish! Tender ziti noodles, a zesty meat sauce and delicious creamy ricotta are layered in a casserole dish, topped with cheese and baked until bubbly. This baked ziti with ricotta & Italian sausage recipe is so easy because there is no layering. You can cook Super Easy Meaty Baked Ziti using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Super Easy Meaty Baked Ziti
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground beef.
- Prepare 1 can of 45 Oz Favorite pasta sauce (I enjoy Francesco Rinaldi Marinara Sauce).
- It's 1 lb of Ziti of your liking.
- It's 1 of Pepper.
- You need 1 of Flaky peppers (if u like a bit of hotness).
- Prepare 1 can of 15 oz Ricotta Cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 oz of 8 ounce bag of Mozzarella shredded cheese.
- It's 1 of Egg.
- It's 1 tsp of Oregano.
Today I needed something super easy for dinner that could also be made ahead of time and would reheat well and still taste good. This Easy One Skillet Baked Ziti with Meat Sauce checks all the boxes: It is super easy. It doesn't have a lot of clean up. Try RICOTTA CHEESE instead of sour cream and skip the provolone for a real Italian version of Baked Ziti.
Super Easy Meaty Baked Ziti step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Season with salt,pepper,and Flakey peppers. Until no longer pink..
- While the beef is browning. Fill up a large pot with water and bring to a boil for pasta.
- Open large jar of sauce and pour into a big enough pot with lid..
- When ground beef is done drain off excess fat (Hint: I put ground beef into a colander, this way you are sure to get rid of fat and don't lose any meat in the process) add beef to pot of pasta sauce and cook on low while waiting for the pasta to be done..
- When water comes to a boil add pasta and cook until Al Dente. Drain pasta into a colander..
- While pasta is cooking wisk and egg into a medium size bowl add Ricotta cheese and oregano and mix together..
- Coat the bottom of a 9inch glass baking dish with a layer of sauce.
- Add a layer of pasta.
- Add a layer of sauce.
- Add all of the Ricotta cheese mixture.
- Add a layer of Mozzarella cheese.
- Continue with pasta, sauce, and Mozzarella cheese layers until all is gone.
- Place in preheated oven and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Plate and Enjoy! Serve with bread and butter and a small salad!.
Mix an egg into a pound of ricotta to make it nice and creamy, and toss with the ziti. Mom's homemade easy baked ziti recipe. It's truly restaurant quality that's easy enough for a weekday and good enough for company!" My mother use to love to make baked ziti. Baked ziti is one of those super easy recipes the whole family will love. Ziti is cooked, then tossed with spaghetti sauce, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.