Traditional Swedish Pancakes. Roll them up and serve with lingonberries and confectioners' sugar. Everyone in my family absolutely adores Swedish pancakes. There are many choices for what to serve them with- They are excellent served.
Beat the eggs with half the milk. Stir in melted butter and remaining milk. Heat a griddle with vegetable oil. You can cook Traditional Swedish Pancakes using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Traditional Swedish Pancakes
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter or margarine.
Turn the pancakes and cook about ½ minute. Swedish pancakes fall somewhere between pancakes and crepes: They are lighter and sweeter than American pancakes, with less flour and more liquid, which makes them soft and almost eggy in nature. Try this traditional Swedish pancakes (or Pannkakor in Swedish) recipe to celebrate your Easy and Traditional Swedish Pancakes. This heritage Scandinavian breakfast recipe is so tasty and.
Traditional Swedish Pancakes step by step
- In large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with half of the milk.
- Beat in flour and salt until smooth.
- Stir in the melted butter and remaining milk.
- Let sit for one hour to thicken properly.
- Heat a plett pan with small pieces of butter or vegetable oil in the pancake divets.
- Pour batter into the appropriate divets in your pan and cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Use a knife to pry out the pancakes in each divet to flip over and cook the top.
- Serve or keep warm while cooking another batch.
Swedish pancakes are a lot like crepes—only totally different at the same time. One thing I recommend: Use the largest electric griddle you can find because these pancakes are sensitive to. Swedish pancakes are a little different than other pancakes. It has a little more sweetness to it, but that's Prepare this traditional, rich Christmas pudding for the perfect side dish to any dinner table. Fluffy Swedish Pancakes come together in minutes making it a fun breakfast or brunch item that the whole family will love.