Alluring Seafood Curry.
You can have Alluring Seafood Curry using 22 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Alluring Seafood Curry
- It's 1 of enough to serve your party Shrimp.
- It's 1 large of or 2 medium Squid.
- It's 250 of to 300 grams Asari (Manila clams in their shells, de-sanded and washed).
- It's 800 ml of Water.
- You need 2 of Onions.
- You need 1/4 stalk of ● Celery (finely chopped).
- You need 2 tbsp of ● Ginger (grated).
- It's 2 tbsp of ● Garlic (grated).
- You need 4 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 50 of to 100 ml White wine.
- You need 3 tbsp of Plain yogurt.
- It's 50 ml of Ketchup.
- You need 1 of Black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of Natural salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 1 of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Spices:.
- It's 2 of to 3 tablespoons Curry powder (store-bought or your own blend).
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- It's 1/2 of to 1 teaspoon Cardamon powder (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala.
Alluring Seafood Curry step by step
- Start by prepping the shrimp and squid! Peel the shrimp. Cut the body of the squid into 1.5 cm rings, and chop the tentacles. Season both with salt and black pepper. Wash the clams well. Don't throw away the shrimp shells, since we'll use them to make the stock..
- Dry-roast the shrimp shells in a frying pan! When they are crispy and fragrant, add water. You can add konbu seaweed and celery leaves etc. at this point too..
- When the pan comes to a boil, add the clams! When all the clam shells have opened, the seafood stock is done! Don't simmer for too long or the flavor will deteriorate..
- Strain the stock through a sieve lined with cloth into another container such as a bowl. Take the clams out of their shells; we'll add them later to the curry..
- Finely chop the onion (you can use a food processor). Put into a microwave cooking container and microwave for 15 minutes, mixing it every 5 minutes..
- When the onion is cooking, grate the ● garlic and ● ginger and finely chop the ● celery..
- Put olive oil and the ● ingredients into a heavy bottomed pan or a frying pan, and stir fry until fragrant. Add the shrimp and squid and continue stir frying. The squid cooks immediately, so add the shrimp first! Season with about 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Don't add the squid tentacles yet..
- Add white wine, cover with a lid, and steam-cook. When the shrimp and squid are heated through, take them out of the pan. Squid gets tough if you overcook it, so be careful. The frying pan will be used in the next step, so don't wash it yet!.
- Add the microwaved onion, the clams, squid legs, and all the spices (except for the garam masala and flour) to the frying pan and stir-fry..
- The roux is done when the mixture has a paste-like consistency! Add the stock made earlier and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt, ketchup, soy sauce, or other seasonings of your choice..
- Return the cooked shrimp and squid to the pan! Simmer for about 2 minutes, then finish by adding yogurt and garam masala! Best when served immediately..
- Seafood tends to degrade in flavor if you simmer it for too long, so aim to cook for less than 30 minutes after adding the seafood to the pan. Plain yogurt is best, but you can use sweetened yogurt, too..