AMIEs Eggplants Stuffed with Sausage.
You can have AMIEs Eggplants Stuffed with Sausage using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of AMIEs Eggplants Stuffed with Sausage
- It's 2 large of eggplants.
- It's 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 large of garlic clove, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 small of onion, very finely chopped.
- Prepare 300 grams of spicy coarse-grained sausage, skinned and crumbled.
- It's 30 grams of soft white breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of pine nuts.
- It's 2 tbsp of capers, rinsed and dried.
- It's 1 large of egg, lightly beaten.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 3 tbsp of grated parmesan.
- Prepare 1 large of ripe tomato.
- It's 1/2 of celery stick, very finely chopped.
- You need 1 of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
AMIEs Eggplants Stuffed with Sausage instructions
- Wash, dry and cut the eggplants in half lenghtways and scoop out all the flesh with small sharp knife, leaving just enough pulp to cover the skin. Be careful not to pierce the skin..
- Chop the pulp of the eggplants coarsely and place in a colander. Sprinkle with salt, mix well and leave to drain for about 1hour..
- Heat the oven to 190 °C..
- Put 3 tbsp of the oil, the garlic onion and celery in a frying pan and saute over a low heat until soft, stirring frequently. Add the sausage andcook for 20 minutes, stirring it constantly..
- Squeeze the liquid from the chopped eggplants and dry with kitchen paper. Add the pulp to the pan and fry gently for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Taste and adjust the seasoning..
- Add the breadcrumbs. After 2-3 minutes, mix in the pine nuts. Cook for another 30 seconds, then transfer to a bowl..
- Add the capers, egg, oregano, cheese and pepper to taste to the mixture in the bowl and mix well..
- Pat dry the insude of the eggplant shells. Oil a baking dish large enough to hold the eggplant shell in a single layer. Place the shells and fill them with the sausage mixture..
- Cut the tomato into strips and place 3 strips on the top of each eggplant half. Drizzle with the rest of the oil. Add 120 ml of water to the bottom of the dish, cover it tightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 25 minutes..
- Serve, share and enjoy!.