Spicy Curried Chicken Tagine. The combination of spices and vegetable flavors are amazing. This can also be made in a Dutch oven. A nice ethnic alternative to chicken stew.
It's a festive, exotic-tasting dish -- perfect for special occasions -- but it's also easy enough to throw together on a weeknight. Chicken breast meat simmers slowly with warming spices, dried apricots, and raisins for a savory stew to serve with hot, fluffy couscous. "Slow-cooked and flavorful, this dish is superb served over the curried couscous available on store shelves! We like it spicy." Although this recipe is not entirely authentic, it has all the flavors and aromas of the real thing and is certainly worth a try. You can have Spicy Curried Chicken Tagine using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Curried Chicken Tagine
- Prepare 1 of Pepper.
- You need 1 1/4 of Sweet Potato.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of Red Onion.
- It's 1 of Chilli.
- It's 100 grams of Sliced Chicken Strips.
- You need 4 of Chopped Mushrooms.
- It's 20 grams of Hot curry powder.
Discover a delicious and authentic Moroccan chicken recipe. Made with preserved lemon and olives, you can cook it in a traditional tagine or the oven. Arrange the marinated chicken in the tagine, flesh-side down, and distribute the onions all around. This spicy chicken curry is chock full of spices, from fiery cayenne pepper to flavorful garam masala. · Smoky, spicy, Portuguese Chicken with Piri Piri, roasted over potatoes.
Spicy Curried Chicken Tagine instructions
- Chop up veggies and chicken strips. I have marinated my chicken with hot curry powder but this is upto your preference.
- Sauté chicken for 5-10 minutes.
- Add veggies and cook for another quick 5 minutes.
- Place all ingrediants into a tagine ( If you do not own a tagine then a casserole pot will suffice).
- Place in oven for 1 hour on full heat ( 2 hours for a slow cook on medium) You know the food is ready when you can hear it sizzling inside!.
- Et voila! Ready to eat. Use any veg or meat and experiment as you please! ENJOY!.
Chicken is flavorful & juicy, potatoes come out crispy-- a delicious one pan meal! Fish curry in light mustard sauce is the curry of my dreams. Succulent tender fish cooked in a spicy and tangy mustard gravy in the traditional Oriya. Tagine" refers to both the Moroccan braised dish and the traditional vessel it's prepared in. If you don't own a tagine, you can use a Dutch oven to slow cook the chicken and vegetables with fragrant spices, preserved lemon and green olives.