Keto Eggplant Parmesan. An easy recipe for keto eggplant Parmesan made with almond flour. This flavorful dish is baked in your oven. If you like eggplant, I am certain that you will consider this recipe a delicacy.
Healthy low-carb, keto and paleo recipes plus free guides and diet plans to help you achieve your goals on the ketogenic diet. This keto eggplant parmesan casserole is the perfect comfort food. Low Carb Keto Eggplant Parmesan Casserole. You can have Keto Eggplant Parmesan using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Keto Eggplant Parmesan
- It's 1 of whole fresh, Baked Eggplant (1 Whole - Medium).
- Prepare 0.75 container (1.8 cup) of (63g) ea.), Tomato Sauce.
- You need 1 of tbsp, Organic Olive Oil.
- It's 1 of grams, Crushed Garlic.
- Prepare 6 of oz., Fresh Mozzarella.
- Prepare 6 of oz., Ricotta Cheese.
- You need 3 of medium, Organic Zucchini, Fresh.
- You need 1 container of (678 gs ea.), Simple Truth organic 4 Cheese Pasta Sauce.
- You need 2 of Tbsp, Salted Butter.
- You need 2 of ounce, Pecorino Romano.
- You need 2 of oz, Parmesan Cheese.
- It's 0.75 of Cup, chopped Red Onion.
Keto Eggplant Parmesan takes the classic Italian dish but lightens it up to be a lower carb version that is packed with just as much flavor and all the saucy, cheesy goodness you expcet in a good eggplant. Eggplant parmesan doesn't have to be breaded and fried! It is just as delicious and far more healthy prepared Keto style with no frying and no flour. Keto Eggplant Parmesan is pure comfort food, the kind of food that makes my eyes close at the first bite.
Keto Eggplant Parmesan instructions
- In large skillet, saute chopped onion, sliced eggplant, sliced zucchini in olive oil and butter until onions are translucent (about 15 minutes), then add garlic and saute for an additional minute..
- Add sauce and simmer on low heat for about 2 hours, mixing every 30 minutes or so..
- Layer large casserole dish first with half the sauce mixture, ricotta cheese, half the parmesan, romano and mozzarella cheese, then another layer of the sauce mixture, parmesan, romano and mozzarella cheese..
- Bake on 350 for 30-40 minutes until bubbling at the sides and cheese is slightly browned on top..
It's the dish my Aunt Rita taught me to make. I always think of her when I'm making eggplant. Keto Recipes > Keto Dinner Recipes. This recipe for baked eggplant Parmesan is gooey, cheesy, comfort food at its best. Standard recipes for eggplant Parmesan contain bread crumbs and flour to make the pie stick together.