Mini Eggplants with Tomato Feta Sauce. Greek baked eggplant in tomato sauce and feta cheese - an easy but delicious gluten free Mediterranean dish. He told us that the eggplant is first baked in the oven by itself with a little olive oil, then tomato sauce is poured over the top, followed by crumbled feta cheese, before the dish is. For the tomato sauce: Blanch the tomatoes, peel, remove seeds and finely chop.
Eggplants, also known as aubergines, belong to the nightshade family of plants and are used in many Italian dishes. They are nutrient dense and high in antioxidants. Simply layer tomato sauce and eggplants alternating the two. You can cook Mini Eggplants with Tomato Feta Sauce using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mini Eggplants with Tomato Feta Sauce
- It's 20 of mini eggplants (approximately).
- You need 1 1/2 cups of grated fresh tomatoes or slightly more.
- It's 2 tsp. of Tomato paste.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of Sugar (approximately).
- Prepare 4 tbs. of cup olive oil.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves finely diced.
- Prepare 1 tbs. of Fresh basil chopped.
- You need 1 tbs. of Fresh parsley chopped.
- It's 1/2 tbs. of Fresh thyme chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2-3/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
Then comes the hardest part - you really […] tomato panzanella salad with garlic bread crumbs and feta Eggplants in tomato sauce Garlic tuna tomato salad mustard vinaigrette + capers Save Print. Today's stew features eggplants or aubergines, which are one of my favorite vegetable sorts. This aubergine or eggplant stew in tomato sauce is a typical Romanian vegetable stew, eaten a lot not only during the fasting times, but mostly in summer when. Roasted Eggplant with Feta and Tomato - An easy vegetarian entree or side dish with fresh eggplant paired with sweet tomatoes and salty melted feta The more I travel the more I find new ways to cook this versatile fruit.
Mini Eggplants with Tomato Feta Sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 400F or 200C on regular bake or convection bake if available. Cut stems off eggplants. Cut bigger ones in half leaving smaller ones whole. Line a shallow baking pan with parchment paper. Toss eggplants with with half the olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Place on pan cut side down. Bake on lower rack for approximately 8 - 10 minutes or until fork tender. Do not over cook. Remove from oven and set aside..
- Grate tomatoes,measure approximately 1 1/2 cups or slightly more, chop herbs and finely dice garlic. Crumble or grate feta cheese into bowl. Set these aside. Cut extra herbs and reserve separately to use for garnish..
- In a large skillet. Heat olive oil on medium high heat. Stir in garlic and immediately add tomatoes. Simmer for half minute than stir in tomato paste, sugar, salt, pepper and herbs. Continue simmering until sauce has just thickened. Test for salt and add more if needed. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Place half the roasted eggplants onto platter. Top with half of sauce and feta cheese. Place remainder of eggplants and finish with sauce and feta. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and garnish with reserved chopped fresh herbs. ENJOY!.
- Larger eggplants can also be used. Dice into even chunks and proceed with recipe..
This recipe, Roasted Eggplant with Tomato and Feta, was inspired by my time in. Learn how to make Baked Eggplant with Mushroom-and-Tomato Sauce. With just a few eggplants, tomato sauce and olive oil I too quickly cooked this dish, as I didn't want to spend time making the sauce I used canned tomato sauce with onion and a touch garlic powder because I forgot to buy garlic, and the result was yummy. We ate for it lunch with feta and bread to. This tomato sauce though… this stuff is pretty sophisticated and special.