Lite Eggplant Parmesan (meal or sandwich) with easy homemade sauce.. These heavenly Eggplant Parmesan Sandwiches make for an easy and delicious hot lunch. Crispy fried eggplant is layered on a ciabatta roll with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, marinara sauce, and fresh basil. I get the convenience of a simple PB&J, but I LOVE the more elaborate sandwiches. grated Parmesan cheese, eggplant, Egg wash.
Dip eggplant slices in egg whites, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Arrange on a wire rack coated with cooking spray in an aluminum foil-lined Advertisement. Find recipes with ingredients that you have on hand. You can cook Lite Eggplant Parmesan (meal or sandwich) with easy homemade sauce. using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lite Eggplant Parmesan (meal or sandwich) with easy homemade sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh basil.
- You need 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 of chipotle pepper (optional), chopped and reconstituted with warm water. drain before adding to sauce..
- It's 1 large of eggplant.
- It's 1 cup of Fat free mozzarella cheese.
- It's 1 cup of 2% mozzarella cheese.
- You need 4 oz of fat free ricotta.
- Prepare 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 3 of egg whites (approx).
- It's 1 cup of fresh baby spinach.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped mushrooms.
Quick and Easy Vegetarian Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich is the perfect comfort food recipe for any meal. Don't you just love all that cheesy goodness? This eggplant Parmesan sandwich is now my favorite. To make legit eggplant parm, you'll need to fry eggplant.
Lite Eggplant Parmesan (meal or sandwich) with easy homemade sauce. instructions
- preheat oven to 350°F..
- peel eggplant and slice in half horizontally from top. Slice eggplant into thin slices approximately 1/2" thick and about 3-4" long. think steak fry size..
- dredge eggplant into egg whites then toss into bread crumbs..
- line eggplant slices flat on pan covered with foil and Pam..
- bake for 20 minutes, flip and cook another 10 minutes. keep foil..
- while cooking eggplant, prepare sauce. combine tomatoes, vinegar, pre-soaked chipotle peppers, basil and garlic..
- combine all 3 cheeses in a separate bowl..
- combine ingredients alternating sauce, eggplant, cheese, spinach and mushrooms until all combined. make sure to top with cheese..
- cover with foil from earlier and bake for 30 minutes..
And to yield the best results, you're going to want to let it sit for a bit Sauce is also key. No matter how much you love the jarred stuff, homemade is always better. With all of this love and attention, we promise this will be the best meal of your life. My eggplant parmesan recipe will be the one you use over and over again. The extra prep step is so worth it; many say they will never make it The only time I would ever eat it would be when my mom deep-fried it or she made this one classic Taiwanese eggplant dish with this amazing garlic sauce.