Cowpea beans , potato and brinjal Puli kulambu / tamarind based gravy. A traditional South India Spicy Gravy and a compulsory item in all wedding functions across south India is this Puli Kulambu or Tamarind Gravy. Add tamarind to water and mash it up well and extract the pulp. Tempting gravy,perfect with rice,looks so yummy.
It rounds out the flavor and enhances the taste. Many thanks for this authentic Coimbatore based murungakai puli kulambu which my patti used to. Similar Recipes, Puli Kulambu Podi Chettinad kulambu masala powder Chettinad Saiva Meen Kulambu Puli Kuzhambu Maa Vatral Kuzhambu Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, urad dal, fenugreek and curry leaves. You can cook Cowpea beans , potato and brinjal Puli kulambu / tamarind based gravy using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cowpea beans , potato and brinjal Puli kulambu / tamarind based gravy
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It's 5 grams of vadagam.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves peeled.
- Prepare 10 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 of potato chopped.
- You need 100 grams of cowpea beans / yard long beans chopped.
- It's 2 of brinjal/ egg plant.
- You need 1 of tomato chopped.
- You need 2 pinch of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It's 2 tbsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of rock salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut grated / cut.
- Prepare 20 grams of roasted gram.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli slit.
- You need 10 grams of tamarind soaked with rock salt.
Kathirikai Puli kulambu is one of the common dish which I make often. Try out my rare combination, its great with Lemon Rice. If you liked this Kathrikkai Puli Kulambu (Brinjal gravy), please like, tweet Please don't judge based on news articles, movie reviews etc. I tried this Karamani kuzhambu aka Thatta payaru kuzhambu in Tamil (cowpeas / black eyed pea gravy in English) for the first time by getting the recipe from a friend.
Cowpea beans , potato and brinjal Puli kulambu / tamarind based gravy instructions
- Heat oil in a pan , add onion , vadagam , curry leaves , garlic and stir till onion turns pink.
- Add the chopped veggies - potato , yard long beans / cowpea beans and brinjal and stir a few times. Once the veggies are coated with oil add the turmeric , salt , chilli powder , coriander powder and stir till the masala is fried..
- Add the tomatoes and stir till it becomes soft now add the tamarind water , cover and allow to boil till the veggies are cooked.
- Grind the coconut and fried gram to a fine paste and add to the boiling gravy along with a slit chilli . Let it boil for a few seconds . Once done serve along with rice.
This kulambu recipe is with coconut and fennel seeds masala. So it was so good and flavorful just like hotel kara kuzhambu. Ennai kathirikai kulambu is a gravy based dish from the Tamil Nadu cuisine. Ennai kathirikai kulambu has a sour taste with a complex flavor. Pass a knife or fork through brinjal and it should slid easily.