Eggplant Casserole with Red Wine Tomatoe Sauce. Eggplant, tomato and onion are layered and seasoned with a splash of balsamic vinegar before Nutritional Information. My husband thought it was "incredable". Keywords: Eggplant and Tomato Sauce, eggplant pasta sauce, Stewed eggplant and tomatoes, Vegetarian Meals, vegetarian pasta sauce.
Today's stew features eggplants or This aubergine or eggplant stew in tomato sauce is a typical Romanian vegetable stew, eaten a lot not I just want to have this with some crusty, warm bread, and a small glass of wine. Hearty eggplant casserole can easily serve as a filling meatless entree. The combination of eggplant, tomato sauce, and melted cheese is wonderful. You can cook Eggplant Casserole with Red Wine Tomatoe Sauce using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Casserole with Red Wine Tomatoe Sauce
- You need 1 of Eggplant (Large).
- Prepare 1 can of tomato paste.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 can of tomato( dice).
- It's 4 of garlic cloves.
- It's 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion powder.
- You need 1 of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of Dry Italian seasoning.
- It's 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 cup of red wine.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of ritz crackers.
- It's 2 cup of Shredded cheese.
- It's 1/2 cup of butter.
- It's 1 cup of water.
The combination of deeply flavorful, roasted eggplant slices, tangy tomato sauce, and melted mozzarella combine. Try this Eggplant in Tomato-Wine Sauce recipe, or contribute your own. When done add to the pasta along with the tomato sauce, oregano, salt, pepper and red wine. stir and heat gently (on low). In this dish, lightly browned eggplant is layered with tomatoes, sweet onions, and garlic, then it is baked to perfection with a cheese topping.
Eggplant Casserole with Red Wine Tomatoe Sauce step by step
- 1 large eggplant wash and cut into thin slices .Wet slices in cold water, add slice in flour add salt , black pepper, or your favorite seasonings. In a saucepan add oil fry on both sides till golden brown.remove from pan place on dry paper towels. Sauteed chopped onions, chopped garlic , saute (dont) burn the garlic , you can add the garlic last Add can of tomato paste, can dice tomatoes, water, red wine, Italian seasoning. Simmering for 20 minutes. In a baking dish add cooked eggplant like your layering lasagna. Add sauces on top cheese do the second step as well. Crumble the ritzs crackers add melted butter mix it all together top it on the eggplant casserole. Bake 350 for 25 minutes..
Layer eggplant slices with the onion and tomato mixture in a shallow, lightly greased casserole. Put the zucchini slices on one sheet and the eggplant on the other. Brush the slices all over with oil and season with salt and pepper. Review Body: Great casserole especially using really fresh veggies. Though eggplant is relatively delicate, it pulls in the flavor of whatever it's cooked with, in this case garlic, fresh herbs, and tomatoes.