Aubergine Sauce with Saffron Rice. For the saffron rice, cook the basmati rice according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, drain and rinse under cold running water. Crumble in the saffron, add the dill and fry for a few minutes more.
This is delicious served with flat bread or rice. Also try Saffron, Dates and Almond Rice, Golden Saffron Spiced Tea, and Dates and Saffron Soaked in Spiced Ghee. Add a little more water and lower the heat a little if you find that the tomatoes begin sticking. You can cook Aubergine Sauce with Saffron Rice using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aubergine Sauce with Saffron Rice
- You need 500 g of eggplants (aubergines), about two small ones, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of large bell pepper, roughly chopped.
- You need 250 g of onions (1 big onion), diced.
- You need 1 of small piece of ginger root, finely sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 75 g of olives, diced.
- It's 1 tablespoon of capers.
- You need 800 g of crushed tomatoes (two cans).
- It's 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- It's of Few teaspoons of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Sweet paprika, chili flakes, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper.
- Prepare pinch of sumach (optional).
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of garam masala.
- You need of rice:.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of long grain rice, uncooked.
- It's 1 of big pinch saffron.
- It's 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 handfuls of unsweetened dried barberries or cranberries.
- You need 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar.
Now add the aubergines to the tomatoes, skin side down, and sprinkle with the remaining..vegan #howtocook #vegan #vegetarianrecipes Brinjal Baingan Aubergine - Another curry from the Aloo papri chat: crisp poori stuffed with chickpeas and potatoes and served with a sour sauce with or chicken marinated in lemon juice, yoghurt, onions, garlic and ginger and stewed with saffron rice. Middle Eastern saffron and roasted-aubergine pilaf. This easy recipe for saffron rice hails from the south of Thailand, where it is often eaten with roast chicken. Saffron rice makes dinner extra special and is nearly as easy This recipe calls for chicken stock, but if you want to make it vegetarian, use vegetable stock and replace the fish sauce with salt.
Aubergine Sauce with Saffron Rice instructions
- Heat some oil in a wok over high heat. Add eggplants in a single layer (you may have to do this in batches). Fry until browned (not cooked through). Remove from wok and set aside in a colander.
- Add some more oil to the wok and toss in the bell pepper until charred. Set aside in the same colander.
- Next, reduce heat to medium, oil the wok if needed. Add the onion and fry until golden brown, then add ginger and garlic. After about 1 minute, add capers, olives and crushed tomatoes.
- Transfer all the vegetables from the colander into the wok. Simmer over low heat for 40-45 minutes with the seasoning: sugar, stock cube, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, chili flakes, garam masala, sumach and sweet paprika.
- In the meantime, cook the rice in 3 cups of water and a pinch of saffron. Cover until ready to eat.
- Finally, prepare the berries: heat some butter in a small frying pan. Add barberries and sugar. Toss berries for about 2 minutes and take off heat.
- To serve: scoop some rice in a bowl, top with crispy berries and the vegetable sauce. Enjoy :).
Simple jasmine rice gets a boost of bold color and delicate spice thanks to the addition of fragrant saffron as it cooks alongside tender bites of kale. The duo are a sophisticated pairing for delicate, flaky fish and a lemony butter sauce, lightly spiced with crushed red pepper. Italian appetizer food aubergine vegetable potato baked Baked aubergine Baked aubergine or eggplant Baked eggplant, stuffed with meat, tomatoes, paprika, onion and cheese. Sticky rice with aubergine in a hot and sour sauce, made from very simple ingredients: red chilli, soy sauce, vinegar and a little sugar. Cook the rice following packet instructions.