Eggplant casserole with chickpeas and tomato sauce - Mussakaa. Cover the bottom with thin layer of tomato sauce, and make a layer of half the eggplant. Eggplant, tomato and onion are layered and seasoned with a splash of balsamic vinegar before being topped off with bread crumbs. Place some tomato slices over the eggplant, and then a few slices of onion.
I also almost always have these ingredients on hand! An incredibly aromatic eggplant stew in garlic tomato sauce, a vegan eggplant recipe that you will make over and over again. Add the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste and some salt and pepper to taste. You can cook Eggplant casserole with chickpeas and tomato sauce - Mussakaa using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant casserole with chickpeas and tomato sauce - Mussakaa
- You need 3 of large eggplants, peeled and cut into long thick slices.
- You need 1 cup of canned chickpeas.
- You need 4 of large tomatoes, peeled and cut into slices.
- Prepare 2 of large onions, cut into thin slices.
- It's 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, dissolved in 1 cup water.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It's 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It's 1 cup of vegetable oil, for frying.
- It's 1 teaspoon of salt.
Stir well to dissolve the tomato paste and arrange the eggplants slices back into the pan. View full nutritional breakdown of Casserole of Chickpeas, Eggplant, and Tomatoes calories by ingredient. In a kettle, cover chickpeas with fresh water, add some salt, and bring to a boil. Hearty eggplant casserole can easily serve as a filling meatless entree.
Eggplant casserole with chickpeas and tomato sauce - Mussakaa instructions
- In a deep frying pan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the eggplant slices until they turn golden. Remove and place on a kitchen absorbent paper..
- In a cooking pot, heat the olive oil and fry the onion slices until they turn golden and soft..
- Add the fried eggplants, chickpeas, tomato slices, chopped garlic, tomato paste and salt. Cover the pot and leave it to cook on medium heat for 15 min or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and let it cool. Adjust salt to taste..
- Best served cold..
The combination of eggplant, tomato sauce, and melted cheese is wonderful. The combination of deeply flavorful, roasted eggplant slices, tangy tomato sauce, and melted mozzarella combine to create a delicious, pizza-like. Moussaka Eggplant Casserole A classic Greek dish, famous throughout the world, and a favorite at Greek restaurants and festivals. Delicious eggplant layered with a spicy tomato sauce and topped off with a Parmesan flavored egg custard. A feast for the eyes and the palate!