Double cooked eggplant in tomato sauce. Eggplants, also known as aubergines, belong to the nightshade family of plants and are used in many Italian dishes. You can double this recipes and freeze half. To freeze, let it cool completely then transfer to freezer safe storage bags or containers and freeze up to.
This aubergine or eggplant stew in tomato sauce is a typical Romanian vegetable stew, eaten a lot not only during the fasting times, but mostly in summer when. Though eggplant is relatively delicate, it pulls in the flavor of whatever it's cooked with, in this case garlic, fresh herbs, and tomatoes. Salting eggplant in advance is an optional step, but one I usually take the time to do; I find it gives the vegetable a creamier texture. You can have Double cooked eggplant in tomato sauce using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Double cooked eggplant in tomato sauce
- It's 2 of medium eggplants.
- It's 1 of small onion chopped.
- You need 3-4 cloves of garlic sliced thin.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It's 2 of allspice balls.
- It's 3-4 tbs of oil I like olive oil always.
- You need 1/2 tsp of granulated sugar.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- It's 1-2 of fresh Basil leafs.
Cooking the eggplant right is a tricky business. For one thing, you need to get the fat right. I always cringe when I see a recipe that requires frying the eggplant, as I know what a thirsty sponge the Almost all tomato sauce recipes require that you cook the garlic first creates a different flavor. Soft, sweet eggplant in rich tomato sauce.
Double cooked eggplant in tomato sauce instructions
- First take the 2 eggplants and slice them length wise and put them in a bowl coat them with salt to prevent them from loosing there colour.
- Now bbq the eggplants at high heat till they get some colour on both sides.
- Now add in a large skillet the onion basil garlic oil bay leaf and sauté till golden.
- Turn the heat low add the crashed tomatoes and sugar,the sugar will help for the tomato not to be very zesty.
- Cook like that for about 15 minutes at low heat and than add the eggplants and cook at low heat for another 20 minutes.
- Enjoy καλή όρεξη.
With just a few eggplants, tomato sauce and olive oil I too quickly cooked this dish, as I didn't want to spend time making the sauce I used canned tomato sauce with onion and a touch garlic powder because I forgot to buy garlic, and the result was yummy. Sauces Eggplant Tomatoes Italian Pasta Pasta Sauce Gluten Free Healthy Vegan Vegetarian BBQ Sauce Basil Parsley Bell Peppers Garlic Summer Easy. Packed with the flavors of summer, this sauce slow-cooks eggplant, bell peppers, and tomatoes together until the veggies break down and. Eggplant-Tomato Sauce recipe: Try this Eggplant-Tomato Sauce recipe, or contribute your own. Cook eggplant in boiling salted water for. cheese, garlic, eggs, beef, and salt.