Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce. Here's my pasta with aubergines, tomatoes and garlic sauce for you to enjoy. Many people steer clear of aubergine and yet it really is an easy vegetable to prepare. In this sauce, it enhances the tomato flavour without overpowering it, so if you have children who don't like their vegetables, try this.
Half an aubergine, diced, with the skin on. A few black olives, sliced or halved. Herbs - I used approximately a teaspoon each of basil and thyme. You can cook Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce
- It's 1 of onion.
- It's 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic.
- It's 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- It's 1 of aubergine.
- You need of Oil (any).
- Prepare of Salt.
- It's of Pasta.
Fusilli with tomato sauce and aubergine, a great vegetarian pasta dish, al forno, scorched and crisp on top. Another rule is to match tomato sauce with chunky shapes - it will cling to the twists and holes instead of being left a puddle on the plate at the end of the meal. or till tomatoes are cooked through and sauce has thickened Add fried aubergine cubes and remove from heat. Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions. Drain and add spaghetti to sauce Add basil leaves and toss pasta in sauce till well coated Serve immediately with grated Parmesan on the side.
Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce instructions
- Finely chop 1 onion. Add to a pan on a low heat. Sweat..
- Finely chop the garlic cloves. Add to the onions and keep on a very low heat..
- In the meantime, heat some oil in a separate pan (I used garlic oil)..
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes to the onion and garlic..
- Using the empty tin from the tomatoes, break up a vegetable stock cube and add approx 100 ml of boiling water. Swirl it around the tin to melt the stock cube. Add to the tomatoes. Let that cook gently..
- Meanwhile, cut up the aubergine into small chunks. Add to the pan with the oil..
- Fry the aubergine (it will instantly soak up all the oil). Keep moving them around so they get nice and golden..
- Add to the tomato sauce. Cook gently - the sauce should start to thicken..
- Put some pasta (enough for 2) on to boil while it reduces. If the sauce starts to get too dry, add some of the pasta water. Make sure you taste the sauce - add some salt if you think it needs it. Once at a nice consistency, turn off the heat..
- Drain the pasta and serve with your sauce! (and add cheese if you fancy 🧀).
Tempting and tantalising, a pasta dish teamed with tomato fondue and aubergine puree. Scoop out pulp from fresh tomatoes and gradually add to fondue mixture. A delicious homemade tomato pasta sauce, perfectly cooked aubergines and salty, stretchy, gooey strings of Mozzarella make this simple Aubergine and Mozzarella Pasta recipe a real family favourite. Eggplants, also known as aubergines, belong to the nightshade family of plants and are used in many Italian dishes. This simple Eggplant and Tomato Sauce is delicious, made with diced eggplant stewed in tomatoes and garlic.