Eggplant Oyster Sauce Stir Fry. This eggplant recipe is my version of eggplant stir fry which is pretty much similar to Chinese Eggplant Tofu but without the tofu. It is easy to cook and. OK ~ the WOK needs to be replaced.
Eggplant Stir Fry. written by Emma Tang. Cover the eggplants with water, add the salt, and stir to dissolve the salt. In a small bowl, mix the oyster sauce with the sugar and sesame oil and set aside. You can cook Eggplant Oyster Sauce Stir Fry using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Oyster Sauce Stir Fry
- Prepare 2 of (around 1 lbs) medium Chinese eggplants, cut into long sticks of about 2 inches (5cm).
- You need 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It's 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 8 cloves of shallots, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 inches (5 cm) of ginger, finely minced or grated.
- Prepare 5 of bird eye chili peppers, sliced(optional).
- It's 2 of medium tomatoes, cut into small wedges.
- It's 4 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It's 3/4 tsp of salt or to taste.
- It's 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder or to taste.
- You need 200 ml of water.
Get the Eggplant and pork stir-fry recipe. If you're a lover of eggplant, this recipe will surely please your palette. Cooked with garlic, ginger, chilies and oyster sauce, the aromatic flavours meld together into one delicious. This savory eggplant stir-fry makes a great main course when served over rice and topped with fresh cilantro (if you like it).
Eggplant Oyster Sauce Stir Fry instructions
- Place eggplants in a large bowl of salt water. Place a lid on top to keep the eggplants underwater for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Drain and pat dry..
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium high heat..
- Sauté garlic, shallots, and ginger until fragrant..
- Add eggplants. Cook until they’re soft..
- Season with oyster sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix well..
- Add water. Keep cooking until the water is boiling..
- Add tomatoes wedges and bird eye chili peppers (if you use some). Keep stirring..
- Add green onions. Mix well once again. Remove from the heat..
- Serve hot over steamed white rice! Yum! 😋.
In a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar. When eggplant is stir-fried with lots of garlic and coated with a glossy, savory sauce that I can spoon over a big bowl of steamed rice. The sauce that holds everything together is a mixture of oyster sauce (vegetarian if you want to keep the dish vegan), soy sauce (or tamari), cornstarch, rice vinegar. Simply master the sauce recipe, and the world of wonderful Chinese greens stir fry will be yours. Two minutes later, out come this one plate of yu choi stir fry, and we inhaled the whole thing before the other dish was out!