Chilled Eggplant with Garlic Sauce. Great recipe for Chilled Eggplant with Garlic Sauce. This cold dish use oriental eggplant. Usually when cook this dish, deep fried eggplant is a common way to keep the purple of eggplant.
Roll them, make sure every eggplant segments coated with oil and water. Cover the lid, and cover the hole of the lid with towel. Good base recipe for Szechuan-style garlic eggplant. You can cook Chilled Eggplant with Garlic Sauce using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chilled Eggplant with Garlic Sauce
- Prepare 3 of Oriental eggplant.
- You need 1 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chopped coriander.
- It's 1-2 of Chili pepper.
- It's 2 tbsp of spSoy sauce paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sesame oil.
Need to season the eggplant with some salt/pepper a bit while frying. Stir in the garlic and vinegar; remove from the heat. Fan the eggplant slices on a platter and coat with the tomato sauce. Let cool and then refrigerate for at least a day.
Chilled Eggplant with Garlic Sauce instructions
- Cut eggplant into 10cm segments, mince garlic, chop coriander and chili pepper. (if you don't like too spicy, can remove the seeds of chili pepper).
- Sauce: 2 tbsp soy sauce paste, 1 tsp sugar, 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp minced garlic, 1/2 tbsp chopped chili pepper, 2 tbsp chopped coriander..
- Pour eggplant into unheated pan, add 1 tbsp oil and 100 ml water. Roll them, make sure every eggplant segments coated with oil and water..
- Cover the lid, and cover the hole of the lid with towel..
- Turn on the heat, cook for about 4 minutes over high heat.(don't open the lid to avoid discoloration of the eggplant..
- After 4 minutes, remove the eggplant into cold or iced water immediately. Then transfer to a serving plate, chill for 30 minutes..
- Before serving, add garlic sauce on top..
Serve cold or at room temperature. Add the remaining oil, ginger, garlic, and chili to the same pan and roast for a few seconds while stirring until fragrant. Then put the eggplants back to the pan. Mix the sauce again until the cornstarch is completely dissolved and pour it over the eggplants. Stir immediately until the eggplant is evenly coated and the sauce thickens.