Braised eggplant in garlic sauce鱼香茄子🍆. Executive Chef Zeng Feng of Si Chuan Dou Hua Restaurant, shares the technique of making this classic Sichuan Dish. 四川豆花饭庄执行主厨曾锋与我们分享鱼香茄子的制作方法。 Connect with. I've craved Eggplant with Garlic sauce many times over the years and now when the craving hits I have the perfect recipe! Then simmer until the cornstarch starts to congeal.
Braised Eggplant with Garlic Sauce is a classic Sichuan dish that combines soft simmered eggplant, fermented soy beans, and a sweet, garlicky sauce. For this version, I like to add a few tablespoons of chopped up preserved mustard root and incorporate the garlic in a couple of ways: first, by cooking. The eggplant is grilled until crispy and smoky, and then cooked in a rich savory garlic sauce. You can have Braised eggplant in garlic sauce鱼香茄子🍆 using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Braised eggplant in garlic sauce鱼香茄子🍆
- You need 1 lb of Chinese eggplant, hand broken into inch length.
- It's 1 Tsp of salt in 4 cups of water for brining.
- Prepare 1/2 of carrot, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, sliced.
- It's 3 of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooking wine.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It's 2 of green onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of tamari sauce.
- You need 1 Tsp of Pixian broadbean paste.
- It's 1/2 Tsp of Chinese aged vinegar.
This vegan dish is very satisfying, both as a side or a main dish served over rice or noodles. To make the dish gluten-free, use tamari or coconut amino to replace light soy sauce and dark soy sauce. This is a quick and easy Chinese Eggplant recipe with a spicy garlic sauce that's so addictive. Plus, the eggplant pieces are so tender, they almost melt in your.
Braised eggplant in garlic sauce鱼香茄子🍆 step by step
- Soak eggplant in salty water for 5 minutes to remove excess water in eggplant..
- Get ready for all other ingredients. Squeeze out brining water in eggplant and set them aside..
- In a heated wok, saute eggplant in oil until they begin to soften for about a minute. Add carrot, onion and garlic, keep stirfry until aromatic for another minutes..
- Season with broadbean paste and pour in cooking wine. Cover up all eggplants with hot water and simmer for about 15 minutes on medium heat until soft and liquid reduce 2/3..
- Turn up the heat and stir very gently. Reduce the juice to almost nothing and splash in vinegar and a touch of honey. Adjust seasoning if necessary towards the end..
- Toss green onion in right before plating. Serve with rice or noodles..
Braised eggplants with garlic sauce is my favorite method of making eggplants in this autumn, using very basic seasonings and producing a well balanced dish with strong garlic aroma. There is another popular Chinese eggplant dish named as "Yu Xiang Eggplants", which is named "Chinese. Eggplant with garlic sauce (Yuxiang eggplant, 鱼香茄子) is a relatively easy and extremely delicious home-cooked dish. However, it is very tricky to cook eggplant. Many people struggle to perfect it because of eggplant absorbs oil quickly and become soggy, at the same time it lost its appetizing.