Our Family's Basic Recipe for Bouillabaisse.
You can have Our Family's Basic Recipe for Bouillabaisse using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Our Family's Basic Recipe for Bouillabaisse
- Prepare of Several kinds of your favorite seafood..
- It's 2 slice of White fish (sea bream, grunt, etc) fillets.
- Prepare 1 of Squid.
- You need 1 of pack Manila clams.
- It's of Vegetables.
- Prepare 1/4 of Onion.
- You need 10 of cm Celery.
- It's 1/5 of Carrot.
- It's 1 of Potato.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- It's 1/2 large of Tomato (optional).
- You need of Flavoring ingredients:.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It's 3 pinch of Saffron.
- It's 50 ml of White wine.
- Prepare 300 ml of Water.
- You need 1 tsp of Consomme soup stock granules.
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Aioli-style sauce.
- It's 1 clove of Garlic (grated).
- You need 2 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
Our Family's Basic Recipe for Bouillabaisse instructions
- Put the saffron in the water, and microwave (to make it fragrant). De-sand the clams..
- Rinse any bloody parts of the fish, and sprinkle with salt. Chop the squid, and rinse the clams well..
- Cut the potato into thin quarter-rounds, chop the tomato, and julienne the other vegetables..
- Pour the olive oil in a pot, stir-fry the garlic over low heat until fragrant. Add all the vegetables except for the potato and tomato, and continue stir-frying..
- When the vegetables become soft and tender, and the volume decreases to half, turn up the heat to medium, and add the clams. Pour in the white wine, and evaporate the alcohol..
- When the clams start to open, add the warm water with saffron, consomme, bay leaf, squid, fish which was patted dry, tomato, and potato..
- When it starts to boil, skim off the scum, turn down the heat to low. Simmer for about 5 ~ 8 minutes until the potato and fish are cooked through..
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and it's done. Serve with aioli sauce..
- Variation I cooked with saw-edged perch..
- Variation I cooked mainly with blue mussel, without fish..