Gluten Free & Vegan Mashed Potato Stuffed Bell Peppers. A gluten-free diet (GFD) is a diet that strictly excludes gluten, which is a mixture of proteins found in wheat (and all of its species and hybrids, such as spelt, kamut, and triticale), as well as barley, rye, and oats. Many items that usually contain gluten have gluten-free alternatives that are widely available in Many commercially available products are labeled "gluten-free," but there will be some that are not. Being gluten-free doesn't mean giving up adventure.
The claimed benefits of the diet are improved health. Reddit gives you the best of the internet in one place. /r/glutenfree is a supportive community for those eating a gluten-free diet. Going gluten-free means avoiding these grains. You can cook Gluten Free & Vegan Mashed Potato Stuffed Bell Peppers using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gluten Free & Vegan Mashed Potato Stuffed Bell Peppers
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 of bell peppers (halved and hollowed).
- Prepare 1 stick of vegan butter (I used Earth Balance).
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It's 1 tsp of fresh rosemary (finely chopped).
- Prepare 4 slices of follow your heart vegan jack.
- It's 6-8 of yukon gold potatoes.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves (finely minced).
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
A gluten-free diet is essential for most people with gluten allergies or celiac disease, a condition which causes intestinal damage when gluten is eaten. TRENDING: How to Make Fresh Gluten Free Egg Pasta. Welcome to the land of gluten freedom. Whether you're avoiding gluten for health reasons or just looking to expand your recipe repertoire, we've got you covered with gluten-free recipes that don't.
Gluten Free & Vegan Mashed Potato Stuffed Bell Peppers instructions
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease bottom of glass baking dish that will snugly fit 4 (halved) bell peppers. I used a glass pie dish because the sides help hold the peppers flat for nice presentation..
- Wash, peel and cut yukon gold potatoes into quarters. Boil potatoes in salted water until fork pokes through easily. It usually takes about 30 minutes..
- Drain water and return potatoes to pan. I always save my potato water for making vegan sauces or gravy later..
- Add butter to small sauce pan and melt on low heat with minced garlic. Simmer butter and garlic for about 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant and just starting to turn golden in color..
- Add butter to potatoes and mash by your preferred method. I use a hand masher because it is easy to clean. Drizzle 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil over potatoes and fold into mashed potatoes..
- Lay slices of vegan cheese inside bell peppers. Crumble cheese if you need to in order to make it fit. It will melt into the potatoes when it bakes..
- Scoop mashed potatoes into bell peppers evenly. Drizzle last tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil all over top of stuffed peppers. Sprinkle fresh chopped rosemary, salt and pepper on tops evenly. Make sure you do not skip this step. The salt helps create a golden crust to the top of the potatoes..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool for at least 5 minutes before eating. Enjoy!.
A gluten-free diet is a meal plan that does not contain any gluten. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, and barley. Looking for the ultimate gluten-free food list? Here's exactly what's safe to eat and what's not in Gluten-Free Food List: Learn Exactly What to Eat Gluten-Free. Making gluten-free recipes for your family doesn't have to break your budget.