Stuffed Bell Peppers. Stuffed Bell Peppers are a great way to enjoy summer's favorite veggie. These bell peppers are stuffed a delicious cheesy ground beef and rice mixture that your family is sure to love! Green bell peppers stuffed with a mixture of rice, textured vegetable protein, cheese and tomato sauce.
These Stuffed Bell Peppers are such a classic. They're made with a mix of ground beef, rice, onions, tomatoes, and spices. No need to pre-cook the filling — just stuff, bake, and serve! You can cook Stuffed Bell Peppers using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Prepare 3 of Large Bell Peppers.
- It's 1 lb. of lean ground beef.
- You need 24 oz. of jar spaghetti sauce.
- You need 1/2 Cup of grated Cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Tblsp. Parmesan Cheese.
- It's 2 Cups of Steamed Rice.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Minced Onion.
- It's 1 tsp. of salt.
- It's 1 tsp. of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Water.
The bell pepper is an excellent vessel for stuffing meat, rice, and, of course, cheese. It's strong enough to hold its shape in the oven, and the flavor is subtle enough to go well with just about anything. Stuffed Peppers are a fancy way to serve peppers! They are so easy, delicious and impressive Stuffed Bell Peppers are easy to make and everyone loves them!
Stuffed Bell Peppers instructions
- Mix meat in mixing bowl along with cheeses, rice, onion, seasonings, and 1/2 Cup sauce and set aside..
- Wash, then cut tops of peppers off and clean seeds and membranes from center of peppers..
- Stuff peppers evenly with meat mixture..
- Place peppers in crockpot and pour water into the bottom around peppers. Pour the remaing sauce over the top of peppers..
- Cook in crockpot for 3 hours on high, then 1 more hour on low..
- Let peppers cool a little before serving. otherwise, they fall apart getting them from the pot to the plate!.
- These can be baked in a covered dish in a 350°oven for 1 and 1/2 hours..
We fill these with a mixture of beef. Boil until done then drain and sit aside. Get a bowl and combine sliced stewed tomatoes. Stuffed bell peppers with rice, ground beef or turkey, tomato sauce and seasonings. These easy stuffed peppers are a delicious dinner that you can make ahead.