Stuffed Bell Peppers. Stuffed Bell Peppers are a great way to enjoy summer's favorite veggie. These bell peppers are stuffed a delicious cheesy ground beef and rice mixture that your family is sure to love! Green bell peppers stuffed with a mixture of rice, textured vegetable protein, cheese and tomato sauce.
These Stuffed Bell Peppers are such a classic. They're made with a mix of ground beef, rice, onions, tomatoes, and spices. No need to pre-cook the filling — just stuff, bake, and serve! You can cook Stuffed Bell Peppers using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Bell Peppers
- It's 6 of large bell peppers.
- It's 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey (or meat of your choice).
- You need 2 cups of rice, cooked (one I use pictured).
- It's 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 (16 oz) of can Rotel diced tomatoes with peppers, drained.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- You need of Olive oil to sautee.
- It's to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It's 1 of good dash of "Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning".
The bell pepper is an excellent vessel for stuffing meat, rice, and, of course, cheese. It's strong enough to hold its shape in the oven, and the flavor is subtle enough to go well with just about anything. Stuffed Peppers are a fancy way to serve peppers! They are so easy, delicious and impressive Stuffed Bell Peppers are easy to make and everyone loves them!
Stuffed Bell Peppers step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook Rice and set aside..
- Cut tops off of bell peppers and remove seeds. Trim bottom of bell peppers evenly if they don't sit flat..
- Add bell peppers to boiling water, boil for 5 minutes. Remove and place upside down on paper towel to dry..
- In a large skillet add olive oil, onion, and garlic. Sautee until tender. Add turkey and cook thoroughly. Don't forget to dash in some Slap Ya Momma seasoning for that good spicy kick!.
- Add diced tomatoes, cooked rice (2 cups), and 1/2 of cheese in skillet with turkey. Mix until blended..
- Stuff those peppers!.
- Place in oven for 25-30 mins.
- Add remaining cheese and bake additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted..
We fill these with a mixture of beef. Boil until done then drain and sit aside. Get a bowl and combine sliced stewed tomatoes. Stuffed bell peppers with rice, ground beef or turkey, tomato sauce and seasonings. These easy stuffed peppers are a delicious dinner that you can make ahead.