Cheesy Stuffed Green Bell Peppers. Sprinkle insides of the peppers lightly with salt. add rice to beef mixture. Green bell peppers stuffed with ground beef, rice, and sharp Cheddar cheese are a hearty meal perfect for weeknight dinners. Each green bell pepper contains ground beef, onion, tomatoes, rice and cheese, and is cooked in tomato soup.
Stuffed Bell Peppers are a great way to enjoy summer's favorite veggie. These stuffed bell peppers are full of meat, cheese, rice, and spices! I was so happy to see green bell peppers on sale. You can have Cheesy Stuffed Green Bell Peppers using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
- Prepare 4 of large green bell peppers.
- You need of Salt.
- It's 1 lb of lean ground mince.
- It's 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of chicken (or beef) boullion cube.
- It's 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Greek seasoning.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of tin diced tomatoes.
- It's 1 cup of cooked long grain rice.
- You need 1 cup of (+ extra) grated hard cheese, eg cheddar.
Of course when I got them I couldn't think of anything I wanted to make. These Cheesy Stuffed Peppers are a crowd favorite and family approved! Tender peppers stuffed with ground beef, rice, cheese, and more! Ingredients for Stuffed Bell Peppers: Green bell peppers - red or yellow would also be fine.
Cheesy Stuffed Green Bell Peppers step by step
- Cut off the tops of the green peppers so that they are all the same height. Remove and discard the seeds and membranes. Keep the tops..
- Finely chop the tops of the peppers after discarding the stalks..
- Place whole peppers in a pan of boiling water so they are completely covered. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove and drain upside down on paper towel..
- Lightly sprinkle the inside of the peppers with salt..
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a skillet, breaking up any lumps. Add the chopped onion and tops of green pepper and cook until tender..
- Add the minced garlic, boullion cube, Worcestershire sauce and Greek seasoning. Stir and cook for 3 minutes..
- Add the tin of diced tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add the cooked rice and cup of grated cheese. Stir to combine and heat through..
- Stuff the green peppers with the beef mixture..
- Place the stuffed green peppers in a baking dish, cover with foil and cook in 350°F oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, add remaining cheese to top of peppers and cook uncovered for a further 5 minutes..
- Serve with a vegetable side or salad. Enjoy!.
Lean ground beef - ground turkey or chicken would be a great. Chose a rainbow of large sweet bell peppers to stuff and while prepping, stand them upright in This heirloom recipe for stuffed peppers with rice is terrific just as it is, but it also lends itself to. Just like Grandma made, these Stuffed Bell Pepper Cups will make you smile! I use ground beef, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, spices, vegetables and. Ground Beef Stuffed Peppers with Cheese - Food.com.