Stuffed Bell Peppers. Stuffed Bell Peppers are a great way to enjoy summer's favorite veggie. These bell peppers are stuffed a delicious cheesy ground beef and rice mixture that your family is sure to love! Green bell peppers stuffed with a mixture of rice, textured vegetable protein, cheese and tomato sauce.
These Stuffed Bell Peppers are such a classic. They're made with a mix of ground beef, rice, onions, tomatoes, and spices. No need to pre-cook the filling — just stuff, bake, and serve! You can have Stuffed Bell Peppers using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Bell Peppers
- It's 6 of whole large Bell Peppers (Capsicum).
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion (diced).
- It's 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 (16 oz) of can of tomatoes, or 2 tomatoes (diced).
- You need 4 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Prepare 1 of smidge of Worcestershire sauce.
The bell pepper is an excellent vessel for stuffing meat, rice, and, of course, cheese. It's strong enough to hold its shape in the oven, and the flavor is subtle enough to go well with just about anything. Stuffed Peppers are a fancy way to serve peppers! They are so easy, delicious and impressive Stuffed Bell Peppers are easy to make and everyone loves them!
Stuffed Bell Peppers step by step
- Slice the tops off the bell peppers, and remove the seeds. Dice the bell pepper tops until you have 1/2 cup of them, and set aside the rest in the fridge for a different recipe..
- Boil the bell peppers, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain upside down, and sprinkle salt and pepper lightly on the insides..
- In a skillet, cook the beef, onions, and bell peppers til the meat is browned and the vegetables are tender. Drain the fat..
- Add the rice uncooked, undrained tomatoes, water, salt, pepper, and worcestershire. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 15 minutes covered, or until the rice is tender. Stir often to make sure the rice doesn't stick to the pan..
- Once the rice is tender, mix your cup of cheese in, and then stuff the mixture into your peppers..
- Cover your baking dish holding the peppers, and bake in an oven at 350° oven for 30 to 35 minutes..
- If you don't like the bell pepper skins, like me, then when they're done cooking, if you flip them onto a plate so the bottoms are facing up, you can pierce the center with a fork and peel the skins off in large strips fairly easily, instead of trying to do it from the cut side down..
We fill these with a mixture of beef. Boil until done then drain and sit aside. Get a bowl and combine sliced stewed tomatoes. Stuffed bell peppers with rice, ground beef or turkey, tomato sauce and seasonings. These easy stuffed peppers are a delicious dinner that you can make ahead.