Loaded stuffed bell peppers. Can you really go wrong by stuffing green bell peppers with smoked sausage, ground beef, rice, cheeses, tomatoes, garlic, onions, herbs and spices???? Stuffed Bell Peppers are a great way to enjoy summer's favorite veggie. These bell peppers are stuffed a delicious cheesy ground beef and rice mixture that your family is sure to love!
No need to pre-cook the filling Stuffed bell peppers is a classic American dish that one can't easily find in restaurants (unless it is a cafeteria). Can you really go wrong by stuffing green bell peppers with smoked sausage, ground beef, rice, cheeses, tomatoes, garlic, onions, herbs and spices???? Green bell peppers stuffed with a mixture of rice, textured vegetable protein, cheese and tomato sauce. You can have Loaded stuffed bell peppers using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Loaded stuffed bell peppers
- It's 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- It's 1 of Chopped onion.
- You need 1 of Chopped Jalepeno.
- You need 6 of bell peppers.
- It's 1 cup of cooked quinoa (or rice).
- It's 3 Tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 4 oz of can sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 15 oz of can black beans.
- You need 15 oz of can corn.
- It's 8 oz of can tomato paste.
- You need 4 oz of can green chilis.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of cavendars.
- You need 1 Tbsp of parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It's 4 oz of cream cheese.
- You need of Shredded mozzarella.
Omit the cheese for a vegan variation. Serve with additional tomato sauce, if desired. Stuffed bell peppers have been on my bucket list for at least a year and I'm so glad to finally cross it off my list. Using leftover ingredients, I created a southwest quinoa mixture loaded with corn, beans, tomatoes, green chilis for a bit of heat and cheesy pepper-jack-feta goodness.
Loaded stuffed bell peppers step by step
- In a skillet, cook sausage. Add garlic, onions, Jalepenos, mushrooms, green chilis, parsley, red pepper flakes, and cavendars. Sauté until cooked through.
- In large bowl, mix beans, corn, tomato paste, quinoa, and cream cheese together. Combine sausage mixture into bowl.
- Cut bell peppers in half and cut out seeds. Put mixture into each half and place in large glass baking dish..
- Cover with foil, bake at 375 for 50 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle mozzarella on top. Bake for another 10 minutes.
Guys, have you tried making instant pot stuffed bell peppers? If you haven't I highly recommend doing so. Juicy sweet peppers, ground beef & rice filling & tomato sauce complement each other and create a delicious dinner! By the way, if you are looking for more pressure cooker recipes, check these ones out Loaded turkey mini bell pepper nachos - game changer!! These low-carb nachos are loaded with turkey taco meat, cheese and all your favorite nacho toppings!