Stuffed Bell Peppers with Tomato Sauce. Green peppers are stuffed with a mixture of ground beef and rice then smothered in a tangy tomato sauce for an old family recipe for classic comfort food. I went by the recipe this time but next time may add some of the yummy tomato sauce blend inside my mix. I will use this recipe again for sure.
A stuffed bell pepper is a packed nutrient bomb! Peppers themselves are full of vitamins like A, B and C. Zucchini and tomatoes bring the potassium and Cook any you want to freeze without the tomato sauce. You can cook Stuffed Bell Peppers with Tomato Sauce using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Bell Peppers with Tomato Sauce
- Prepare 5 of bell peppers (little smaller than a medium).
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- You need 1 of medium onion minced.
- You need 1 of small carrot minced.
- You need 2 of big cloves or 4 medium cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It's 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Some crushed nuts (your choice).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
When you're ready to reheat the frozen bell peppers, simply make the sauce, pop in the. Stuff bell peppers with a flavorful mixture of ground beef, rice, onions and Italian seasonings. It's easy enough to make for a weeknight meal because we've omitted the added step of precooking the bell peppers. Pour remaining can tomato sauce over stuffed peppers.
Stuffed Bell Peppers with Tomato Sauce instructions
- Cut bell peppers into half, length wise. Remove seeds. Mince onion. For carrot, I used a peeler to peel for thin strips and then mince them. I found it easier than to do It with a knife..
- In a mixing bowl, put pork, half of minced onion, half of minced garlic, breadcrumbs, nuts, egg and some salt (about 1/2 TBS and a pinch) and pepper for seasonings. Mix well..
- Sprinkle some flour inside the peppers. Stuff peppers with ground pork..
- Brown peppers upside down first in a frying pan with some olive oil on medium high for 2 minutes. Then, turn them over and brown the bottom also for 2 minutes. Remove peppers from pan..
- Turn down heat to medium low, add a little more of olive oil, put in the rest of minced onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent, pour the sauce in and stir for few seconds to mix the onion and garlic well with sauce. Arrange the bell peppers into the pan. Pour some sauce over the peppers. (Repeat this step few more times during the simmering). Cover lid and simmer for 30 minutes..
Pour remaining tomato sauce over peppers. This heirloom recipe for stuffed peppers with rice is terrific just as it is, but it also lends itself to creativity and customization. Sweet bell peppers stuffed with a mixture of ground beef, Italian sausage, rice and a Creole tomato sauce, topped with cheddar cheese I add some Rotel tomatoes with the remaining sauce and top the peppers off with it. Add a light sprinkling of bread crumbs if you like - I like the Italian seasoned. Stuffed peppers made with ground turkey over mashed potatoes." I thought it sounded pretty good too.