Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers. Super flavorful chorizo is the key to keeping these Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers simple and delicious enough for a weeknight dinner. Slice each of the bell peppers in half and then carefully remove the white ribs and seed pods, keeping the stem intact to help hold in the stuffing. Bell peppers are stuffed with a spicy blend of chorizo, onions, garlic, fresh herbs, Worcestershire, three kinds of cheese, and rice.
Dinner tonight is Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers. I made this up one day when I wanted to change up our original stuffed bell pepper recipe. Bell peppers are one of those things that people love to throw on the grill, but they usually end up as part of some skewer. You can cook Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers
- You need 6 of Bell Peppers.
- It's 1/2-1 pound of chorizo.
- Prepare 1 of small potato (optional).
- It's 1 of small onion.
- It's 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- Prepare To taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbspn of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 of bushel cilantro.
- It's 1/2 cup of sliced basil.
- It's 1 can of black or red beans.
- Prepare 1 can of hot rotel (or equivalent).
- You need 1/2 cup of rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of Habanero Jack Shredded cheese.
- It's 1 1/4 cup of Mexican Blend Shredded cheese.
That might have been exciting the first time you tried it, but not anymore. And if all the stuff is pressed together tightly on that skewer. These stuffed peppers are a little different (and a little lighter) than most because we used about one-third of each pepper as a primary ingredient in the filling. We chopped the top third of these colorful bell peppers and sauteed them for the filling, which also includes rice, chorizo, garlic, onion, cilantro.
Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers step by step
- Preheat oven to 350• F, dice onion and potato, chop cilantro, and slice Basil.
- Cut caps off and decore bell peppers 🌶 bring a large pot to boil and boil peppers for about 6 minutes. Set aside in glass baking dish..
- Add chorizo, potatoes 🥔, onions, Garlic, salt, and pepper to a large saucepan and brown. NOTE: if you’d like a more meaty pepper you can replace the potato with another half pound of chorizo..
- Drain beans and rotel, add to saucepan with Worcestershire sauce, cilantro, parsley, and rice 🍚. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Mix in Habanero Jack and 1/2 cup of Mexican blend cheese until melted.
- Add to bell peppers, sprinkle rest of cheese 🧀 atop each pepper, cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- FINITO! Share a cooksnap & let us know how you liked it!.
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. This stuffed bell peppers recipe is an amazing vegan twist on regular stuffed bell peppers. You can use beautiful red, yellow, orange, and green bells to make a festive color mix that is visually exciting on top of tasty. Add some spice to classic stuffed peppers with this Mexican-inspired filling. These chorizo stuffed poblano peppers are packed full of spicy chorizo, black beans, sweet corn, Oaxaca cheese and baked in a flavorful tomato sauce.