Stuffed Bell Peppers. Stuffed Bell Peppers are a great way to enjoy summer's favorite veggie. These bell peppers are stuffed a delicious cheesy ground beef and rice mixture that your family is sure to love! Green bell peppers stuffed with a mixture of rice, textured vegetable protein, cheese and tomato sauce.
These Stuffed Bell Peppers are such a classic. They're made with a mix of ground beef, rice, onions, tomatoes, and spices. No need to pre-cook the filling — just stuff, bake, and serve! You can cook Stuffed Bell Peppers using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Bell Peppers
- You need of (1) Onion, diced.
- It's of (5) Garlic cloves, minced.
- You need of (5) Tbsp chili powder.
- Prepare of (2) Tbsp vegetable oil.
- Prepare of (4) Large Bell Peppers, mixed colors.
- It's of (2) slices White sandwich bread, torn into pieces.
- It's of (1/2) cup milk.
- You need of (1) lb ground chuck, browned.
- You need of (1) cup corn, can or frozen.
- Prepare of (2) cups shredded cheese, Jack and Colby.
- You need of (1 1/2) cup cooked rice.
- Prepare of (2) Tbsp minced canned chipotle chilie in adobo sauce.
- Prepare of (3) tsp salt.
- Prepare of (1) tsp pepper.
- You need of (6) Tbsp minced fresh cilantro.
- You need of (1) Green onion, chopped.
The bell pepper is an excellent vessel for stuffing meat, rice, and, of course, cheese. It's strong enough to hold its shape in the oven, and the flavor is subtle enough to go well with just about anything. Stuffed Peppers are a fancy way to serve peppers! They are so easy, delicious and impressive Stuffed Bell Peppers are easy to make and everyone loves them!
Stuffed Bell Peppers step by step
- Microwave onion, garlic, chili powder, and oil in a bowl, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 3 minutes..
- Cut top 1/2 inch off each pepper, removing core and seeds..
- Save 3 of the pepper tops. Chop finely, discarding stems..
- Mash bread and milk into paste in large bowl..
- Mix in onion mixture, chopped pepper tops, ground chuck, corn, 1 cup cheese, cooked rice, chipotle, salt & pepper..
- Mix together with gloved hands until well incorporated..
- Stuff meat mixture into peppers.
- Place 1/3 cup water in slow cooker..
- Place stuffed peppers upright in cooker..
- Cover and cook 4-6 hours on LOW until fully cooked..
- Add additional cheese and green onion to the top the last hour or so of cooking..
- Gently lift peppers from cooker with tongs or slotted spoon, and transfer to a serving plate..
We fill these with a mixture of beef. Boil until done then drain and sit aside. Get a bowl and combine sliced stewed tomatoes. Stuffed bell peppers with rice, ground beef or turkey, tomato sauce and seasonings. These easy stuffed peppers are a delicious dinner that you can make ahead.