Stuffed Bell Peppers by Ledia. Stuff Ground Beef In Bell Peppers With Onions And Rice To Make A Delicious Weeknight Meal. Heat a dutch oven large enough to hold the peppers upright in one layer over medium heat. Peppers with a slight kick to them, like cubanellas or banana peppers are wonderful for this dish.
This dish makes a tasty weeknight dinner and is even better as a leftover. Lidia's Recipes Kitchen Recipes Side Dish Recipes Pasta Recipes Cooking Recipes Cooking Tv Freezer Recipes Entree Recipes Recipes Dinner. Slice off the tops as in the photo and chop the pepper meat from these tops and reserve for the stuffing. You can cook Stuffed Bell Peppers by Ledia using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Bell Peppers by Ledia
- Prepare 6 of bell peppers.
- You need 100 gr of ground beef.
- You need 3 of peppers.
- Prepare 2 of big tomato.
- It's 1/2 cup of rice.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper and dry peppermint.
Remove the seeds and fibrous veins from inside the peppers and discard them. To the large bowl, add the cooked rice, the roasted peppers, grated cheese, parsley, egg, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Toss well to combine and make a cohesive stuffing. Mound the filling into the onion shells, and set them in a baking dish large enough to hold the onions without crowding them.
Stuffed Bell Peppers by Ledia step by step
- Dice in small pices all vegetables..
- Fry ground beef in olive oil, add onion and peppers, after 5 min add tomato and leave until the liquid has evaporated, now add rice and turn off heat..
- At the same time, put the peppers with a little olive oil in the pan and bake them until golden..
- After the peppers have been slightly roasted, fill them with the rice, meat and vegetables we cooked above, place the rest in the pan around the peppers. Add 1 cup boiling water and bake in a 220 degree oven until water evaporates..
Cut a side off each pepper to make large boats, peppers will be stuffed and remain on their sides. Remove seeds and ribs from peppers then finely chop the trimmed pieces. Bring a pot of water to a boil. In a saucepot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Use red, green, orange, or yellow bell peppers (or a combo of colors) to make these beautiful bells stuffed with savory ground beef and rice.