Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers. Super flavorful chorizo is the key to keeping these Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers simple and delicious enough for a weeknight dinner. Slice each of the bell peppers in half and then carefully remove the white ribs and seed pods, keeping the stem intact to help hold in the stuffing. Bell peppers are stuffed with a spicy blend of chorizo, onions, garlic, fresh herbs, Worcestershire, three kinds of cheese, and rice.
Dinner tonight is Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers. I made this up one day when I wanted to change up our original stuffed bell pepper recipe. Bell peppers are one of those things that people love to throw on the grill, but they usually end up as part of some skewer. You can cook Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Prepare 6 of bell peppers, tops cut off and seeded.
- You need 1 pound of chorizo sausage.
- Prepare 1 stalk of minced celery.
- It's 1-2 of minced carrots.
- You need of Medium sized onion chopped.
- It's 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 (14.5 ounce) of fire roasted chopped tomatos, or regular chopped tomatoes.
- It's 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's Handful of fresh parsley chopped.
- You need Handful of fresh basil chopped.
- It's 3/4 cup of uncooked long grain rice.
- It's 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- It's 1/3 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/3 cup of shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- Prepare 1 (10.75 ounce) of can of tomato soup.
That might have been exciting the first time you tried it, but not anymore. And if all the stuff is pressed together tightly on that skewer. These stuffed peppers are a little different (and a little lighter) than most because we used about one-third of each pepper as a primary ingredient in the filling. We chopped the top third of these colorful bell peppers and sauteed them for the filling, which also includes rice, chorizo, garlic, onion, cilantro.
Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers instructions
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Place prepped peppers in boiling water, cook 5 minutes. Remove, set aside to cool..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- In a large skillet, cook chorizo until almost brown, Drain fat if needed. Stir in celery, carrots, onions, and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5minutes. Season with salt and pepper if you like. Stir in tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, basil, rice and water. Cover, and simmer until rice is cooked, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat, and mix in Monterey Jack, Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses..
- Place peppers upright in a baking dish,(I used my lasagna pan.) Fill each pepper with the chorizo mixture. Sprinkle extra cheese on top..
- In a small bowl, combine tomato soup with just enough water to make a gravy consistency. Pour over peppers. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes..
- NOTE: I wasn't sure about this tomato soup thing but I did it. It was good, but next time I will consider using tomato sauce or maybe salsa..
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. This stuffed bell peppers recipe is an amazing vegan twist on regular stuffed bell peppers. You can use beautiful red, yellow, orange, and green bells to make a festive color mix that is visually exciting on top of tasty. Add some spice to classic stuffed peppers with this Mexican-inspired filling. These chorizo stuffed poblano peppers are packed full of spicy chorizo, black beans, sweet corn, Oaxaca cheese and baked in a flavorful tomato sauce.