Cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham. This hearty dish of scalloped potatoes and ham has just a bit of Cheddar cheese and green peas in a creamy white sauce. Reviews for: Photos of Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham. This scalloped potatoes recipe is creamy, cheesy, and irresistibly delicious.
Add milk and stir until mixture thickens. Scalloped Potatoes are made with a creamy sauce while au gratin potatoes are covered with cheese. However, since we kind of combine these You won't have that problem with my Grandma's Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham! You can have Cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham
- It's 1 lb of cooked cubed ham.
- You need 3 lb of potatoes, scalloped.
- You need 2 can of cream of chicken soup (I like to use one and then for the second use creaM of broccoli and cheese soup).
- Prepare 2 cup of milk.
- It's 8 oz of sheedded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of season to taste.
What type of potato is best for scalloped potatoes? How to make Scalloped Potatoes: Variations of these Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham How to make Scalloped Potatoes: Start with your potatoes. I prefer red potatoes for pretty much everything, because they have a smooth skin and creamy texture. These cheesy scalloped potatoes are a classic and staple at any holiday dinner.
Cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large casserole dish, combine soups, cheese, milk, ham, and seasonings.
- Peel and scallop potatoes and then add to soup mixture.
- Cover and cook for about an hour or until potatoes are tender.
When making scalloped potatoes, I tend to use either russets or Yukon golds. Both will turn out delicious Added the onions and ham in the middle and topped it with bacon. Added a side of dill carrots for the veggie. Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham are the best way to feed a crowd and can be made ahead of time and refrigerated or frozen. Bake them in the oven or cook them in the Crock Pot for an easy side dish idea!