Summer Vegetarian Chili. Chef Jason Hill shares his best vegetarian chili recipe in this episode of "Chef Tips." Vegetarian recipes are popular for their health benefits. Delicious chili with tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, peppers, carrots, corn This flavorful and gently spicy vegetarian chili with black beans and plenty of vegetables can be. Vegetarian chili that's also vegan friendly and gluten-free.
Ladle the chili into the bowls over the rice. Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream and spoonful of avocado. Sprinkle with Essence and green onions and serve. You can cook Summer Vegetarian Chili using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Summer Vegetarian Chili
- Prepare of Vegetable Chili.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It's 1 cup of red onion, chopped.
- You need 5 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- It's 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomato.
- Prepare 1 can of (15 ounce) no salt-added black beans.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It's 1 cup of bell pepper, chopped (any color).
- Prepare 1 cup of zucchini, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of corn kernels.
- You need 1 cup of white mushrooms, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of cilantro, chopped.
- It's 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It's 1 of salt & fresh ground pepper to taste.
I added cumin, onion and garlic and I always use brown rice for everything. I used a basmati brown rice which complemented the dish well. And that's not even counting the impact you can make on other environmental. Chili con carne with a healthy twist.
Summer Vegetarian Chili instructions
- Heat oil in medium pot. Add onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Saute over medium heat until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients (except garnishes) and stir. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add more liquid if needed..
- Serve alone or over rice. Garnish if desired with any of the following: reduced-fat cheddar cheese, onion, fat-free sour cream, guacamole, fresh cilantro..
Try our simple healthy twist on a family classic, chilli con carne. This version is not only vegetarian, it's low in calories and gluten free too, a great midweek meal. Vegetarian Dumplings (Pyeonsu) that are perfect Korean mandu for summer. Vegetarian Dumplings (Hobak Pyeonsu) are an amazingly light and incredibly delicious Korean steamed mandu. Directions for: Michael Smith's Vegetarian Chili.