Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili. Slow cooker vegetarian chili is a cinch to pull together at the start of a busy work week. Simply stir all of the ingredients (except the corn and Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes Everyone Should Know. The slow cooker is a handy tool for every kind of kitchen — including ones where vegetable-driven.
The chili itself is actually vegan! Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for four hours (or low for eight hours). Each bowl can be unique, which means leftovers of this Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lentil Chili will be a little less tiring… Obviously it's full of fiber! 😉. You can cook Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili
- It's 1 cup of Organic Quinoa.
- Prepare 1 large of White Onion, Chopped.
- It's 2 of Green Bell Pepper, Chopped.
- It's 5 of Carrots, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 2 can of (14.5 oz) Organic Diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 1 can of (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It's 1 can of 15 oz Chickpeas, drained and rised.
- You need 2 1/4 cup of Organic Vegetable Broth.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chipotle powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Indian Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground ginger.
I've also always added Corn to my Chili. Prepared as a vegetarian meal or with lean ground beef or turkey, the protein content will continue to remain high even in the absence of meat. Because beans are loaded with not only protein but with fiber. This is a real winter warmer and crowd pleaser of a recipe, which I can happily say is loved by herbivores and meat-eaters alike.
Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili instructions
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add Onions, Bell Peppers, Carrots and sauté for 10 minutes..
- Add Cayenne powder, cumin, black pepper, chipotle powder, ginger, Indian Paprika, stir in for 3 minutes..
- In slow cooker, add diced tomatoes, black beans, chickpeas, 1 cup Quinoa and 2 cups of vegetable broth. Stir to combine..
- Add sautéed Vegetables to slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours..
- Reduce slow cooker to warm and place 2 cups of chili into a blender or food processor and puree for 1 minute until smooth..
- return puree to slow cooker and stir in to combine..
- Optional ::: garnish with Parsley flakes and serve.
Add as much or as little. These mystical vegetarian slow cooker recipes do exist—and they're just as comforting (and often less expensive to make If you ask me, the fiber- and protein-filled beans and lentils used in many of these recipes are extra delicious when they soak up other flavors and liquids in the slow cooker. Classic Oven or Slow Cooker Pot Roast. Eating meals that are high in protein on a vegetarian diet is actually super easy, and I've Quinoa is a vegetarian's best friend because it's high in protein, fiber, complex carbs, and is relatively cheap This slow cooker sweet potato mexican quinoa from Fit Foodie Finds is full of protein, flavor, and is. Save time by using a slow cooker for healthy dishes featuring lean proteins.