3-Bean Vegetarian Chili. Butternut squash adds slightly sweet flavor to this classic meatless chili. It's delicious as-is, but you can also add in some corn and bell peppers and substitute black beans for white beans, if you'd like. This delicious, spicy vegetarian chili is packed with produce.
I'm not a diet-restricted vegan or vegetarian, but I love to conquer carnivore-approved, plant-based recipes. This tried and tested vegan chili recipe will have people not believing it's vegan or vegetarian chili. This hearty vegetarian three bean chili is packed with protein from three varieties of beans: pinto, black, and kidney beans. You can cook 3-Bean Vegetarian Chili using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 3-Bean Vegetarian Chili
- Prepare 2 of dried chiles, seeded.
- You need 2 of fresh chiles, seeded.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno, seeded.
- It's 1 of onion, sliced, divided.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chili powder.
- It's 2 tbsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper, roughly diced.
- It's 1 can of red beans.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans.
- You need 1 can of garbanzo beans.
- It's 1 packet of goya sazon.
- You need 1 tbsp of adobo.
- It's 1 can of green chiles.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of hot sauce.
- It's 1 can of tomatoe sauce.
- It's 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of coconut flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vodka.
Chipotle peppers give spice and smoky flavor to the chili. Serve it with rice to make it a more filling meal! No one will ever miss the meat in this hearty chili that is packed with flavor. This is an excellent dish to serve for a ready when you are weeknight meal.
3-Bean Vegetarian Chili step by step
- Roast dried and fresh chiles and jalapeno in a saucepan over medium high heat. You're looking for some good charring here..
- Add vegetable broth, garlic and half the onion..
- Bring to a boil, then lower to medium-low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or just a regular old blender puree the ingredients..
- Add all the other ingredients except the coconut flour and vodka to a sauce pan. Bring to a boil of med-high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 30 minutes, stirring often..
- The coconut flour can be added by tsp to thicken the chili. Add the tsp of vodka (or any other high proof alcohol) just before serving for an intense increase in flavor..
- Serve over rice or on its own. Garnish with cheddar cheese and green onion..
A vegetarian chili that's so hearty and flavorful you'll forget it's meat free! Don't forget to add the chipotle chiles for a smoky, slightly spicy, depth of flavor. No watery chili here; this meatless bean & lentil chili recipe is sooo very thick, hearty, and filling. Because we want simple in any vegetarian Crock-Pot chili recipe, this comes together easily with mostly pantry staples. It's an easy meal to throw into your slow cooker in the morning when you know.