Thai Tom Yum Goong Soup 冬陰功湯.
You can cook Thai Tom Yum Goong Soup 冬陰功湯 using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Tom Yum Goong Soup 冬陰功湯
- Prepare 2-3 spoons of tom yum paste.
- You need 1 pc of Fresh Thai Galangal Ginger.
- It's 4 sticks of lemongrass.
- It's 1-4 of chilli peppers.
- Prepare 1 spoon of fish sauce.
- It's 8-10 pcs of Lime Leaves.
- Prepare of Straw Mushrooms preferred or fan mushrooms.
- Prepare of Fresh Shrimps/Clams/ Mussels/Scallops.
- You need of Cherry Tomatoes Preferred or Tomatoes.
- It's 1 of lime.
- Prepare 1 of small can of coconut milk (optional).
- You need of Coriander (optional).
Thai Tom Yum Goong Soup 冬陰功湯 instructions
- Ingredients. Sadly i cant get any cherry tomatoes, coriander and straw mushrooms which i would preferred. Will give another update if i cook it again..
- Clean those shrimp then take out those intestines before cooking and save up those shells and heads for the soup base. I would usually throw in those shrimp heads liquid into the broth also but some might think its disgusting so u can rinse it out if preferred..
- Around 1.5L to 2.5L of water depending how much u want, then boil the water together with the shells and heads for around 10 mins. Scoop out those shells and heads..
- During the processof the broth i would chop up other ingredients. For lazy folks like me i would just cut up those lemongrass vertically 6 cuts. Some would do it diagonally so up to you..
- When broth is ready throw in the mushrooms, lemongrass, chilli and ginger and boil for 10 mins in boosting the flavours out in High Heat. Then add in 1 spoon of Fish Sauce together with the Tom Yum Paste for a min. Taste test which you could taste the salt together with the paste but little bland. Dont be greedy or its gonna be very salty so do taste test while cooking coz the flavours will come out after 2 mins. Add in Coconut Milk if you have to get that creamy texture (i have left this out).
- Add Paste if still bland then add in Lime Leaves for a min then add the shrimp in Mid Heat. Shrimps/Seafood will cook within 1 min so do it at the end..
- After a min Switch Heat off, Squeeze in those Lime juice (DO NOT add Lime Juice while cooking or it will go bitter) throw in tomatoes and Corianders Mix Well. Serve Hot. Done..