Best GF Pie Crust. This perfect pie crust is giving my regular, go-to gluten free pie crust a run for its money. It rolls out so beautifully and is just effortlessly flaky. Dairy-Free: I often get asked about making this extra flaky gluten free pie crust dairy free.
Gluten free pie crust ingredients (simple and easy). Instructions for the gluten-free pie crust (or crackers) are as follows:. Put flour in bowl with a pinch of salt. (I used a sea salt grinder, and gave it a good three or four turns). You can cook Best GF Pie Crust using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Best GF Pie Crust
- Prepare 1 1/2 C of GF flour.
- It's 6 TB of Butter (I used Earth Balance).
- It's 4-8 TB of water as needed.
- Prepare 2 of Big squeezes of Honey ;).
Cut the butter in chunks and place in flour. Many people are intimidated by gf pie crust recipes. It does take a bit of extra time versus purchasing a gluten-free pie crust at the store, but the fresh flaky crust at the end of it is The best method really is to weight it but I don't have the ingredient weights for all my recipes yet. It's THE best, (or at least my favorite) Paleo pie crust.
Best GF Pie Crust step by step
- Put flour in bowl with a pinch of salt. (I used a sea salt grinder, and gave it a good three or four turns).
- Cut the butter in chunks and place in flour. Use a fork to work the butter into the flour, until the dough is slightly crumbly..
- Add water a TB at a time and keep working with the fork until you have a dough form. The dough should not be too wet, but it also shouldn't be too crumbly. (I add the water slowly until I can make the dough into a ball with my hands).
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap, and place und refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 2 days. When ready, get dough out and put a little flour on counter and on dough, and roll out into a thin layer so that it can fit desired pie pan:).
Did you know that for the longest time, making a pie crust intimidated me? Must be the traumatic pre-paleo memories of bathing myself in flour while failing to properly roll out the dough (it was always sticky, I don't get it) followed by a crust that never. Our favorite butter pie crust recipe that makes consistent flaky pie dough every time. Jump to the full Pie Crust Recipe. Or, watch our quick That was until we found a better way.