Basic Clear Soup.
You can have Basic Clear Soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basic Clear Soup
- You need 4 cups of Dashi *find about ‘Dashi Stock’ at http://www.hirokoliston.com/dashi-stock/.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- It's 1 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- You need of <Add two or three of the following>.
- You need of *Note: Large vegetables need to be cut into small pieces or slices.
- It's 1/2-1 block of Tofu.
- Prepare 1-2 of Egg.
- Prepare 100-200 g of Chicken Balls.
- It's 100 g of Fish.
- You need of Clams.
- It's 100-200 g of Prawn Balls.
- It's of Mushrooms (Shiitake, Enoki, Shimeji, Maitake, Oyster Mushroom).
- Prepare 5-6 of Snow Peas.
- It's 1/4 bunch of Garlic Chives.
- You need 1/4 bunch of Spinach.
- It's 1/4-1/2 of Carrot.
Basic Clear Soup step by step
- Heat Dashi Stock (OR Water & Dashi Powder) in a large saucepan or a pot, add the ingredients and cook them in the stock until cooked. *Note: Use about 2 teaspoons Dashi Powder for 4 cups Water OR according to the instruction on the package..
- Note: You should season the soup before adding Tofu, Egg, already cooked Vegetables or anything that can be cooked quickly..
- Season the soup with Salt and Soy Sauce. Sprinkle with finely chopped Spring Onions and serve..
- *Yuzu Peel: A small piece of Yuzu Peel can be added instead of Spring Onion. As Clear Soup has a very delicate flavour, Yuzu Peel, that has a wonderful fragrance, makes the soup smell and taste nicer. Only if you are lucky to find Yuzu Fruit..
- *Mitsuba: Mitsuba, Japanese parsley, is also popularly used to add a fragrance to the Clear Soup. But I know Mitsuba is also very difficult to find..