7 layer ranch dip. I found this recipe on a package of Lipton Ranch soup & dip. In a small trifle or baking dish, assemble dip: Add guacamole to base and top with ranch. Seven Layer Dip is a classic that you just can't go wrong with.
A seven-layer dip is an American appetizer based on ingredients typical of Tex-Mex cuisine. In a small trifle or baking dish, assemble dip: Add guacamole to base and top with ranch. Trifle: Layer the dip in a trifle bowl for a fancier touch (check out the picture below the recipe). You can have 7 layer ranch dip using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 7 layer ranch dip
- It's 1 envelope of lipton ranch soup mix.
- It's 16 oz of sour cream.
- It's 1 cup of shredded lettuce.
- You need 1 medium of tomato chopped (about 1cup).
- It's 1 can of sliced pitted olives (2.25 ounces) drained.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red onion, chopped.
- You need 1 can of chopped green chilies (4.5 ounces) drained.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
I also added a fun chalkboard label to the front of the dish. You could also add in a Tablespoon of ranch seasoning mix to the sour cream if you prefer. Do not use a thin salsa, it will make the whole dip runny. This is a fairly thick and heavy dip, so make sure to buy thick, sturdy chips, not the super-thin kind.
7 layer ranch dip step by step
- Combine soup mix and sour cream.
- Layer remaining ingredients ending with cheese..
Perfect dip for last minute pot luck or family party. If one dip is good, then seven dips in one is a guaranteed hit! This is the best seven layer dip recipe ever! It's the perfect appetizer for game day, cinco de mayo, or anytime you're craving a salty snack. We've made this dip every way known to man and I'm telling you this is the ONLY way to eat this.