Chimichanga. Chimichanga (/tʃɪmiˈtʃæŋɡə/; Spanish: [tʃimiˈtʃaŋɡa]) is a deep-fried burrito that is common in Tex-Mex and other Southwestern U. VEGETARIAN CHIMICHANGA By Cooking with Mitisha. Chimichanga - oven baked Mexican Cuisine Recipe by Bhavna.
A deep-fried burrito sent from God to please humanity. Chimichanga, or "chimi," has achieved cult status in Tucson. A Chimichanga is a Mexican-American fusion large burrito prepared with a choice of meat, vegetables, and spices. deep-fried to a golden perfection, and served on a bed or lettuce with cheese and mild sauce. You can cook Chimichanga using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chimichanga
- It's 1 lb of Cooked shredded (or chopped) chicken.
- It's 1 can of Black Beans.
- You need of Cheese.
- It's 2 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 2 of Jalapeños (no seeds).
- It's 1 medium of Onion.
- You need 1/2 of Bell Pepper.
- It's 1/2 of Tomato.
- You need 2 cup of Queso.
- Prepare of Large Burrito Tortillas.
- It's of Cooking oil.
- It's of Creole or Mexican Seasoning.
- It's 1 pinch of Paprika.
- It's 1 dash of Chili Powder.
- You need 1 dash of Garlic Powder.
- It's 1 dash of Cumin.
Then just top with your favorite toppings, like lettuce, salsa, and sour cream for a fast dinner. The chimichanga has achieved cult status in tucson. Homemade Chimichanga Recipe - Chicken or Beef! Chimichangas either baked or pan fried with tender chicken, stuffed Mexican filling all wrapped in a soft but crispy crust on the outside.
Chimichanga step by step
- Dice onions, jalapeños, and bell pepper and sauté in butter in pan with mince garlic..
- When onions almost clear add chicken, tomato, paprika, garlic powder, and creole..
- Heat beans and cheese (add water if needed) until creamy. Also begin to heat your oil for the frying stage..
- Begin warming up queso. Warm tortillas for a little bit to make them easier to fold. Put beans and chicken mixture into tortillas, fold top and bottom in then tuck the sides in those folds..
- Place the burrito with the flap side down into the pan and fry burrito to a golden crisp..
- Place fried burritos onto a plate with a paper towel to drain excess oil..
- Finish by pouring queso over each chimichanga..
A chimichanga is a deep-fried burrito that you can fill with anything! These cheesy, vegetable and bean mini-chimis are a hit. I had a request for a chimichanga video from my buddy Larry. That same week, I had TWO requests for "unhealthy vegetarian food" — a descriptive that makes me smile. Much like the burrito, the chimichanga is one of the tastiest Mexican foods you can find.