Chimichanga. Chimichanga (/tʃɪmiˈtʃæŋɡə/; Spanish: [tʃimiˈtʃaŋɡa]) is a deep-fried burrito that is common in Tex-Mex and other Southwestern U. VEGETARIAN CHIMICHANGA By Cooking with Mitisha. Chimichanga - oven baked Mexican Cuisine Recipe by Bhavna.
A deep-fried burrito sent from God to please humanity. Chimichanga, or "chimi," has achieved cult status in Tucson. A Chimichanga is a Mexican-American fusion large burrito prepared with a choice of meat, vegetables, and spices. deep-fried to a golden perfection, and served on a bed or lettuce with cheese and mild sauce. You can cook Chimichanga using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chimichanga
- You need 1 of green bell pepper.
- You need 1 of yellow bell pepper.
- It's 1 of spices and herbs.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It's 1 tsp of oil.
- You need 3 of tortillas.
- You need 3 of chicken breast/pork chops.
- You need 1 of red chillli.
Then just top with your favorite toppings, like lettuce, salsa, and sour cream for a fast dinner. The chimichanga has achieved cult status in tucson. Homemade Chimichanga Recipe - Chicken or Beef! Chimichangas either baked or pan fried with tender chicken, stuffed Mexican filling all wrapped in a soft but crispy crust on the outside.
Chimichanga step by step
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- chop chicken into cubes.
- fry chicken on a medium heat.
- chop all your vegetables (you can really add whatever vegetables you prefer).
- add the vegetables, spices and herbs to the chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- add oil to a pan on medium heat.
- warm 1 tortilla so it easily handled and wont break when you fold it.
- place 1/3 of the mixture into the middle of the tortilla then brush egg around the edges to help with sealing.
- fold the tortilla inwards to make a square/rectangle shape.
- fry the tortilla seem down til golden brown then flip to gold the other side.
- do this with the other two tortillas.
- place all 3 tortillas on a baking tray seem down and place in the over cook for 15-20 minutes.
- serve with salsa or sour cream.
- chimichangas are usually deep fried this is a healther version.
A chimichanga is a deep-fried burrito that you can fill with anything! These cheesy, vegetable and bean mini-chimis are a hit. I had a request for a chimichanga video from my buddy Larry. That same week, I had TWO requests for "unhealthy vegetarian food" — a descriptive that makes me smile. Much like the burrito, the chimichanga is one of the tastiest Mexican foods you can find.