Chicken Chimichanga. My family absolutely loves this easy Chicken Chimichangas recipe! A large flour tortilla filled with shredded chicken, refried beans, cheese, salsa and spices. This is just homestyle food that tastes amazing!
Much like the burrito, the chimichanga is one of the tastiest Mexican foods you can find. Heat a pot over medium heat. Add the chicken, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, salt, and pepper into the pot. You can have Chicken Chimichanga using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Chimichanga
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced white onion.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp of ground oregeno.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 of shredded rotisserie chicken.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 of 4-oz can green chili.
- You need 8 of 10-inch flour tortillas.
- You need 1 cup of shredded Monterey jack cheese.
Here is a delicious recipe for a super crunchy cheesy chimichanga. You can use store brand flour tortillas or for a tasty version, you can make tour own. I believe that this chicken chimichanga is more of a Tex-Mex recipe than a traditional Mexican recipe, but either way - it's so good! I believe it's supposed to a copycat of Chi Chi's chimichanga recipe.
Chicken Chimichanga instructions
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add onions and saute until softened about 2 mins. Add the garlic, chili powder, oregano and cumin, cooking and stirring until fragrant, about 1 min. Add shredded chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the green chilies. Cook 5 mins or until heated through. Set aside..
- One of the time, place the tortillas on a work surface, keeping the remaining tortillas covered with a damp towel. Spread half a cup of the chicken mixture and a rectangle in the center of the tortilla. Sprinkle with 1 to 2 tablespoons of cheese. Fold the bottom of the tortilla over the filling and then fold the sides over. Fold the top of the tortilla over the folded sides and secure the sides with wooden toothpicks. Place folded side down..
- Using tongs lower the chimichangas into a deep fryer folded side down wanted to time. Hold a chimichangas with the tongues into a seal together. Cook until golden brown on all sides about 3 minutes. Drain on a paper towel and continue with remaining Chimichangas..
- Remove toothpicks in serving me with enchilada sauce or salsa drove all over the top with a sprinkling of cheese..
- If desired add jalapeño peppers with the onions. You can also add black beans and Spanish rice in the tortilla when adding the chicken..
Tortillas filled with a chicken, rice, beans and olive mixture - rolled, fried and topped with a piquant avocado mix, sour cream and cheese, all served on a bed of lettuce. Chicken Chimichangas that are baked and stuffed with chicken, rice, spices, cheese and more. Make these Tex-Mex Chicken Chimichangas for a dinner your whole family will love. Top with your favorite picante sauce, salsa or guacamole. Chicken & Mushroom Chimichanga - A Thingamajig of Beauty.