Baked Chicken Chimichangas. These Baked Chicken Chimichangas are a healthier twist on the classic chimichanga. Baked Chicken Chimichangas. posted by Christy Denney Learn how to make Baked Chicken Chimichangas.
Baked chicken chimichangas are easy and healthier to make at home. You're gonna love making Mexican food at home! You will love this baked chicken chimichanga recipe from Food.com, cheesy on the inside and crispy on the outside. You can have Baked Chicken Chimichangas using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- You need 1 lb of Cooked shredded chicken.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chopped onions.
- It's 1/3 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Chili powder.
- You need 16 oz of 1 jar salsa.
- You need 4 tbsp of Water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 2 pinch of Salt to taste.
- You need 6 of 10 inch tortillas warmed.
- It's 1 can of Refried beans.
- It's 1 of as needed Sour cream..
Tuck in sides and roll up each tortilla. These Chicken Chimichangas are one of the ultimate comfort foods! Flour tortillas are layered with refried beans, seasoned shredded chicken and cheese. Baked Chicken Chimichangas recipe: An easy Mexican dish, and much better than a deep-fried chimi!
Baked Chicken Chimichangas instructions
- Heat oven @ 425*F.
- In large saucepan, sauté onion and garlic until tender. Stir in chili powder, salsa, water, cumin, and cinnamon. Pour mixture into blender. Process until smooth. Pour mixture back into sauce pan. Add chicken and salt.
- Grease large baking pan. Spoon in a spoonful of refried beans down the center of each tortilla. Top with some chicken mixture. Fold up bottom, top, and sides of tortilla. Use toothpicks to help..
- Bake 10 to 15 until golden brown. Turn every 5 mins. Serve with sour cream..
Stir together the cream cheese, Pepper jack cheese and taco seasoning. Need a dinner recipe for a delicious Baked Chimichanga? This Chimichanga Recipe is so easy. Now you can enjoy restaurant-style Baked Chicken Chimichangas with Green Sauce at home. Baked instead of fried, these chimichangas stuffed with a cheesy chicken filling will be your favorite.