Chicken Chimichangas. My family absolutely loves this easy Chicken Chimichangas recipe! A large flour tortilla filled with shredded chicken, refried beans, cheese, salsa and spices. These Chicken Chimichangas are one of the ultimate comfort foods!
These Baked Chicken Chimichangas are a healthier twist on the classic chimichanga. You won't even miss these being fried in this oven-fried version! Here is a delicious recipe for a super crunchy cheesy chimichanga. You can have Chicken Chimichangas using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Chimichangas
- You need 2 lbs of shredded chicken breast cooked.
- You need 8 oz. of Cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced.
- You need 1 can of sweet corn.
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- It's 8 of while wheat tortillas.
- It's 4 of large slices of white cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It's 1 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter melted.
You can use store brand flour tortillas or for a tasty version, you can make tour own. Chicken Chimichangas that are baked and stuffed with chicken, rice, spices, cheese and more. Chicken Chimichangas. with homemade pico de gallo and rice. (Trumpet fanfare: da da da dum!) Our first chimichangas! We don't know why we haven't done these Tex-Mex enchantments before.
Chicken Chimichangas instructions
- Cook the onions in a large skillet with butter and garlic until transparent..
- Drain corn and beans and add to skillet. Add chicken, cream cheese, paprika, and cumin. Mix well..
- Roll into tortillas with half a slice of cheddar, place in a baking dish, brush with butter, broil four minutes on each side..
- Serve hot..
Make these Tex-Mex Chicken Chimichangas for a dinner your whole family will love. Top with your favorite picante sauce, salsa or guacamole. Chicken chimichangas require a little work but they are definitely worth it. I actually prefer these over the beef chimichangas. Tortillas are filled with a mixture, rolled, and then fried in oil.