Lime Chicken Adobo.
You can have Lime Chicken Adobo using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lime Chicken Adobo
- It's 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- It's 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 12 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of whole black peppercorns.
- It's 8 of chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on.
- You need 3 tbsp of honey.
Lime Chicken Adobo step by step
- Trim any loose skin and as much fat as you can from the chicken thighs. Otherwise, the sauce will be a pool of grease..
- Put all the ingredients except for the honey into a baking dish. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes..
- Put a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Drain the chicken and put it in the pan skin-side down. Let fry for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and let fry 5 minutes on the other side..
- Add the marinade to the pan along with enough water so the liquid comes about halfway up the chicken. Let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the chicken..
- Stir the honey into the sauce and let reduce until there's only about 1 cup left. Return the chicken to the pan and toss to coat. Plate the chicken. Strain the sauce and serve it on the side with some freshly steamed rice..