Spiced Butternut Squash Soup. I have made it for several large groups and everyone always goes back for seconds. To save time and effort I recommend buying pre-cut Butternut Squash as those things are a pain to cut. Aged goat cheese is a key ingredient in this creamy soup from the Rif Mountains in northern Morocco.
The recipe for the spice blend makes more than you need. I first shared this butternut squash soup recipe back on the blog four years ago, but thought it was worth bumping it back to the top of the blog today in Then serve with lime wedges and chopped fresh cilantro. Give it a Chai twist: See my recipe here for the yummiest chai-spiced butternut squash soup. You can have Spiced Butternut Squash Soup using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spiced Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 1 of Butternut squash.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1/2 of Japanese leek.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 50 ml of White wine.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Butter.
- It's 100 ml of Milk.
- It's 1 dash of Nutmeg powder.
- It's 1 dash of Fennel seeds.
- Prepare 3 of leaves Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 dash of Coriander seeds.
This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. I'd like to think this is the most elegant version of butternut squash soup out there. This vegan butternut squash soup with za'atar seasoning is a Middle Eastern take on the classic; this cozy soup also features sweet potato and carrot.
Spiced Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- Remove the seeds from the butternut squash, cut into easy to handle pieces, and scrape the skin off..
- Cut it into 5-6 cm cubes..
- Slice the onion thinly and the Japanese leek into thin round slices..
- Use the same amount of coriander seeds and fennel seeds..
- Heat the olive oil and sauté the onion and leek being careful not to burn it. Add some salt and once the onions are transparent, add the butter..
- Add the spices and sauté until fragrant..
- Scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spatula..
- Pour in the white wine and boil off the alcohol..
- Sauté until the liquid evaporates..
- Add the butternut squash, pour in water to cover the squash, and drop in the bay leaves..
- Bring it to a boil, remove any scum, cover, and simmer over medium heat..
- Once the butternut squash is tender, turn off the heat and wait until cool. In an electric mixer, blend the ingredients in 2 batches..
- Return it to the pot, add the milk and season it with salt and nutmeg..
- Pour it in a bowl, garnish it with some green, and bon appetit!!.
Butternut Squash is my favourite of the winter squashes so it's only fitting that this is the first of my more wintery recipes. Not only is the recipe delicious it's also very budget friendly to make. Earthy, fragrant spices like allspice, cloves, and cinnamon make wonderful accents for the natural sweetness of butternut squash. This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple. It adds just the right balance for How to Make this Butternut Squash Soup.