Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce. Apple crisp is usually sweetened with granulated white sugar or brown sugar, but neither of those can compare to the complexity of caramel. Caramel sauce adds the sweetness we need, PLUS a whole lot of flavor. So yes, there's a reason I shared that post for Homemade Caramel Sauce last week.
If I made it again I'd add more spice (apple pie spice). I also had some caramel sauce and I thought that it would be really nice if I topped the apple crisp with vanilla ice cream off with some of it. The hot apple crisp with the melting vanilla ice cream all drenched in a warm caramel sauce was so amazing! You can have Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce
- Prepare of Apple Filling.
- You need 3-4 of Granny smith apples.
- You need 3 Tablespoon of butter, melted.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice.
- It's 3 Tablespoons of milk.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It's 1/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of Crumb topping.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 1/2 cup of old fashioned rolled oats.
- It's 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It's Dash of salt.
- It's 1/3 cup of unsalted butter, cut into small pieces.
- You need of Caramel Sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of half and half.
- It's 4 Tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare of Vanilla extract.
What a great combination of flavours! Crisp apples and mellow whiskey are a natural flavor combination, and this recipe, with its gooey, boozy caramel sauce, is just about irresistible. Enjoy this delicious cake that's baked with apple slices and topped with caramel sauce - a tasty dessert. MORE+ LESS Apples and a streusel topping give this cake the flavors of old-fashioned apple crisp.
Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl combine the crumb topping ingredients with a fork (or pastry cutter or hands) until it resembles small crumbs. Refrigerate while you prepare apple filling and caramel sauce.
- For caramel sauce: combine brown sugar, half & half, and butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk continually. Let mixture bubble for 7 minutes before you add vanilla. Once vanilla is added let it bubble for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool and thicken..
- Peel and slice apples. Set in bowl..
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and flour until well blended. Add lemon juice, milk, vanilla, and stir well. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt..
- Pour butter mixture over apples and toss to coat. Pour apples mixture into an 8x8 inch baking dish..
- Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over the apples..
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and top is set..
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes..
- Drizzle caramel sauce on top, and enjoy..
A luscious caramel topping adds the finishing touch. Caramel Apple Crisp with Easy Caramel Sauce is decadent and delicious gluten-free dessert recipe. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream for a heavenly fall treat! Arrange apple slices over top of batter. Cook over medium heat until warm, stirring constantly.