🍎Caramel Apple Crisp🍏. Apple crisp is usually sweetened with granulated white sugar or brown sugar, but neither of those can compare to the complexity of caramel. We created this really easy dessert that the whole family can enjoy." Reviews for: Photos of Best Ever Caramel Apple Crisp. Loaded with homemade caramel and apples.
Layers, thin apple slices, homemade caramel, crisp on the bottom and. It doesn't get any better than this people! Right after a comforting fall dinner yes ma'am! You can cook 🍎Caramel Apple Crisp🍏 using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 🍎Caramel Apple Crisp🍏
- It's of ✨Filling✨.
- You need 5 of Granny Smith Apples(peeled and chopped).
- It's 2 of Granny Smith Apples (peeled and shredded).
- You need 1 of Lemon.
- It's 4 Tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Lemon Zest.
- You need 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1 Tsp of Cinnamon.
- It's 1/8 Tsp of Nutmeg.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- It's 1/3 Cup of Granulated White Sugar.
- It's of ✨Topping✨.
- It's 1/2 Cup of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of All-purpose Flour.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Oatmeal.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- It's 1/4 Cup of Granulated White Sugar.
The tart granny smith apples go great with the sweet caramel and buttery cinnamon oatmeal crisp topping. Serve it up cold, hot or warm with a side of vanilla ice cream…. and. Then check out this great caramel-apple crisp recipe. You can still serve up a scratch-made, gooey apple dessert with this recipe for Caramel-Apple Crisp.
🍎Caramel Apple Crisp🍏 step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 F°(190 C°). Peel and chop up 5 apples and shred 2 apples. Toss the chopped and shredded apples with lemon juice..
- Melt the butter in a skillet then proceed to add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves and becomes brown. Then add the apples and stir well. Cook until the apples have released most of their juice. Move the apples over to a pie plate. Then continue to simmer the juice for 2-4 minutes until it has thickened and looks like light caramel. Then pour it on top of the apple mix..
- To make the toppings, in a food processor combine flour, sugar and butter. Pulse 3 times (press the button quickly 3 times) then add the oatmeal and mix until you have coarse crumbs. Spread the topping evenly over the apples. Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until you see bubbles and the topping is golden brown. Serve with whipping cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!😊.
And don't worry, this recipe is not caramel in name only! The caramel sauce does double duty in this warm, comforting crisp First, it lends sweetness to the apple filling, and second, it yields a lot of leftovers to serve alongside Use firm, tart apples like Mutsu, Jonathan or Honeycrisp, which The caramel sauce does double duty in this warm, comforting crisp. This caramel apple crisp is divine! Loaded with tart, granny smith apples that compliments the sweet caramel and that buttery, cinnamon oatmeal crisp topping so well. This caramel apple crisp is such a comforting classic dessert and comes together so easily with simple ingredients.