Tomato and Apple Sauce.
You can cook Tomato and Apple Sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato and Apple Sauce
- Prepare 3 of large sweet apples peeled, cored, and grated.
- It's 4 of large Roma tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of apple juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It's 1 stalk of celery thinly sliced.
- It's 1/4 cup of chopped fire roasted red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of small onion diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
- It's 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra Virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of large carrot grated.
Tomato and Apple Sauce step by step
- Heat the oil and add the peppers, onion, carrots, and celery..
- Sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the boiling water for 30 seconds..
- Let the tomatoes cool and peel the skin off..
- Crush the tomatoes and add the rest of the ingredients to the onions and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve over pasta, rice, and other things you eat with tomato sauce..