Homemade Apple Sauce. Nothing beats the taste of homemade applesauce, and it's so easy to make! Every year, starting in mid summer with the Gravensteins, and through late fall with Granny Smiths and Fuji apples. This apple sauce recipe is the easiest, most delicious treat you can make to have as a snack, condiment, or an ingredient for other meals.
Enjoy as a snack, dessert, or alongside savory dishes. Just peel, chop, and boil (or crockpot) your choice of apples until tender & delicious! Watch how to make homemade applesauce in this short recipe video. You can cook Homemade Apple Sauce using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Apple Sauce
- You need 4-7 of tart apples.
- It's 1 c of water.
- Prepare 1/2 c of sugar.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick (or 1/2 - 1 tsp ground cinnamon).
- It's 1/2 tsp of allspice.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
You won't believe how tasty freshly made applesauce can be! Things might get pretty simple sometimes but sometimes that's just what a person needs. I hope you like my homemade. In this video we make applesauce from the apples harvested in the garden.
Homemade Apple Sauce step by step
- Wash and peel skin from apples, and dice into small chunks..
- Place apple chunks into sauce pan, add water..
- Add spices and sugar, and stir together. *Spice and sugar amounts are approximate and to taste..
- Place cinnamon stick in center of apples. (If using ground cinnamon, mix in with other spices)..
- Bring to simmer, and cook on low heat, stirring occasionally, for approximately 30 minutes, or until apples soften. Your house will smell delicious!.
- When apples have softened (you want them mushy), remove cinnamon stick and drain excess liquid off. This makes excellent cider if you want to save it!.
- Mash your apples! Use a fork or potato masher if you like it chunky, or use a blender if you like it smooth. Done!.
- Apple sauce is great warm (we love ours with a dollop of whipped cream) or chilled. Delicious warm as a topping for ice cream!.
Something we try to do each year. Yummy, and useful in many dishes and pastries. This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. Homemade Applesauce: blog post about homemade applesauce recipe is long pending. If I make a list of FAQs, the first question would be "I can't find unsweetened applesauce.